The centres are busiest at weekends between 11.00am and 1.00pm. You may want to avoid these times if you can. At times you may be directed to another centre. We apologise in advance for any inconvenience.
(1 Oct to 31 Mar)
(1 Apr – 30 Sept)
|Monday||9.30am – 3.15pm||9.30am – 3.15pm|
|Tuesday||9.30am – 3.15pm||9.30am – 3.15pm|
|Wednesday||9.30am – 3.15pm||9.30am – 6.15pm|
|Thursday||9.30am – 3.15pm||9.30am – 3.15pm|
|Friday||9.30am – 3.15pm||9.30am – 3.15pm|
|Saturday||8.30am – 4.15pm||8.30am – 5.45pm|
|Sunday||8.30am – 4.15pm||8.30am – 5.45pm|
Items and materials
There are restrictions in place for certain items and materials. Click on the icons below to find more information.
The following items from households are accepted. Please click on the relevant icon for further information.
Restrictions are in place at all of Warwickshire’s recycling centres which restricts vehicles such as vans, pick-ups, trailers and large 4×4’s.
A 6.6ft height barrier is in place at this recycling centre, if your vehicle is larger that 6.6ft please report to staff on arrival.
This service is available during opening hours of this site, 7 days a week.
Commercial materials accepted at this site are as follows : Garden waste, non recyclable waste, wood / timber / chipboard, soil / rubble, plasterboard / gypsum, gas bottles and electrical items.
Commercial vehicles accepted at this site
If you are planning to bring commercial or chargeable waste to site, please check the table below for the size of vehicle accepted.
|Estate car/car derived van (eg Astra van, Fiesta van etc)||Yes|
|Small van or pick up (eg VW Caddy, Vauxhall Combo, Ford Connect etc)||Yes|
|Twin cab pick-up / large 4×4||Yes|
|Trailers up to 6’ length||Yes|
|Transit vans or larger||Yes|
|Trailers over 6’ length||Yes|
For charges, payment methods and terms & conditions please see our ‘Pay as you throw’ information on our commercial waste page.
Commercial recycling permits and pre-paid commercial sacks also operate at this site.
A charity reuse shop run by Age UK Warwickshire can be found at Hunters Lane. All proceeds from the sale of materials from the shop go directly to the charity. To find out whether a certain item is accepted at the shop please contact reuse shop directly: 01788 567484
For safety reasons pedestrian access is not permitted at any of the recycling centres. However if you do not have access to a vehicle please call the waste management team on 01926 412593 where arrangements may be able to be made (48 hours notice required).
Hunters Lane household recycling centre, Hunters Lane, Rugby, CV21 1EA
- Please wear suitable clothing (no open toe footwear)
- Use gloves when handling sharp/heavy items
- Place all items in the correct containers
- Cooperate with staff and ask for assistance if needed
- Bring someone along with you if you are bringing heavy or awkward sized items
- Black bags may be opened by staff. You may be asked to sort and recycle mixed bags of rubbish
- Keep all children and animals inside your vehicle
- Observe the 5 mph speed limit
- Be courteous to staff and other customers
- Comply with all policies such as vehicle and DIY waste restrictions
- All commercial and chargeable household waste must be paid for
- Park in marked bays only or as directed by staff