Most items are loaned for 21 days. A fine is incurred for each day that the item is overdue. Renew or return items before or on the date that they are due to be returned. You can check the dates your items are due for return in your library account. There are no fines for eBook and eAudio loans.
Renewing your loans
You can renew up to three times unless your items have been requested by another borrower. You can renew overdue books but existing fines will apply.
Ways to renew:
- online, via your library account - you will need your library card number to renew. Lost your card or number?
- our automated 24/7 renewal line, available 24 hours a day – call 01926 499273
- contacting libraries
- in person at any library – no need to bring the books with you, unless you have renewed three times already.
Please have your library card number with you, when you renew.
Why can’t I renew?
It is not always possible to renew your item:
- online, if it has been renewed three times already - please bring the item to any library to renew
- if it has been requested by another customer
Returning your loans
All Warwickshire County Council Libraries are accepting returns during opening hours. No appointment required.
Please check individual Community managed libraries for information about their current offer.
Contact us if you have any account queries.
Receive courtesy emails before your items are due for renewal or return
We notify you by email when your items are due for renewal or return if you have given us your email address. You can add and update your email address by logging into your library account – select ‘Change your details and PIN’ then ‘Change your details’.
Please note: failure to receive a courtesy email will not oblige your library to waive any overdue charges.