Let’s Make Digital Discovery Day
This half-term, February 22nd.
Enjoy some amazing marvels of technology as you discover our Let’s Make Digital space including virtual reality, 3D printing, make a Lego movie and fun robots.
Book your place at Eventbrite
|Monday||09.00 – 17.30|
|Tuesday||10.00 – 19.00|
|Wednesday||09.00 – 17.30|
|Thursday||09.00 – 17.30|
|Friday||09.00 – 17.30|
|Saturday||09.00 – 16.00|
|Sunday||12.00 – 16.00|
Library services are also available by telephone – 0300 555 8171:
- Monday to Friday: 08.00 – 18.30
- Saturday: 09.00 – 13.00
What we offer
- books, talking books, large print
- feature and children’s DVDs
- newspapers and magazines
- spoken word playaways
- Asian reading material
- Books on Prescription collection – mental health self-help books, eBooks and CDs.
- Sorted! book collection – help for children, young people and parents with common problems and situations.
- computers with printing and scanning – printing is A4 colour
- photocopier – A3/A4 black and white
- fax service
- local studies and family history service
- read and relax area
- UK Online Centre
Children’s and young adults groups and activities
- Rhyme Time – songs and rhymes for 0 – 2 year olds and parents and carers. Wednesdays 09:30 – 10:00 and 11:00 – 11:30 ; Fridays 11:00 – 11:30 (term time only).
- Story Stomp – fun for 2 – 4 year olds and their parents and carers, following on from Rhyme Time. Mondays 11:00 – 11:30 (term time only).
- Book Magic – come and listen to children’s stories and enjoy craft fun. Sundays 14:00 – 15:00.
- Chatterbooks – encouraging children aged 8 – 11 to take pleasure in reading. Book talk, fun games and crafts. Every first Saturday of the month, 11:00 – 12:00.
- Code Club – free after school coding clubs for children aged 9 – 11. Tuesdays 16:00 – 17:00 (term time only). Starts 27th February.
- Lego Club – creative themed sessions for children to build and create with Lego. Saturdays, 14:00 – 15:00. Please book in advance at Eventbrite.
- Reading Hack – year-round activities and groups for 13-19 year olds. Alternate Wednesdays 16:00 – 17:00.
- Spark Young Writers Group – for children and young people interested in any kind of creative writing. There is an annual charge for these sessions, payable to the organiser, Writing West Midlands. One Saturday every month.
Other groups and activities
- Silver Surfers – free computer and tablet help sessions for people aged 50 plus. Mondays 10:30 – 11.30 and 11:30 – 12:30.
- Rugby Family History Group. Every third Thursday of the month, 14:00 – 16:30.
- Tuesday Evening Reads – reading group. Third Tuesday of the month, 18:00 – 19:00.
- Games Group. Scrabble, Monopoly, chess and draughts. Thursdays, 10:00 – 12:00.
- Knitting Group. Mondays, 10:00 – 12:00.
Rugby Library is a Safe Place where you can go to get help if you feel unsafe or at risk when you are out and about.
We will help you contact your support worker, family member, carer or the police. You will know it’s a Safe Place as it will have a sticker in the window.
For more information visit the Safe Places page.
Disabled access features – DisabledGo has a detailed access guide, showing a graphical summary of the venue’s accessibility using access icons and detailed information of the key features of the venue.