Wellesbourne household recycling centre
- Opening times
Summer hours are in effect from 1 April 2019 to 30 September 2019.
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 9.30am to 3.15pm
- Wednesdays: 9.30am to 6.15pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 8.30am to 5.45pm
The centres are busiest at weekends between 11am and 1pm. You may want to avoid these times if you can. At times you may be directed to another centre. We apologise in advance for any inconvenience.
Day Winter (Oct to Mar) Summer (Apr to Sep) Monday 9.30am – 3.15pm 9.30am – 3.15pm Tuesday 9.30am – 3.15pm 9.30am – 3.15pm Wednesday 9.30am – 3.15pm 9.30am – 6.15pm Thursday 9.30am – 3.15pm 9.30am – 3.15pm Friday 9.30am – 3.15pm 9.30am – 3.15pm Saturday 8.30am – 4.15pm 8.30am – 5.45pm Sunday 8.30am – 4.15pm 8.30am – 5.45pm
All sites are closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's day.
Sites closed on other bank holidays are Wellesbourne, Cherry Orchard, Shipston-on-Stour and Stockton.
- Vehicle restrictions
Restrictions are in place at all of Warwickshire’s recycling centres which restricts vehicles such as vans, pickups, trailers and large 4x4s.
- Types of waste
Accepted Restricted Not accepted Batteries Fluorescent tubes Ammunition/explosives Car batteries Hardcore, rubble and soil Asbestos Cardboard Hazardous/restricted waste Chemicals Carpet Soil Clinical waste Cartons Used engine oil Fireworks Clothes Fridges and freezers Cooking oil Gas bottles Electrical goods Medicines Foil, food tins and drink cans Paint Furniture Plasterboard Garden waste Tyres Glass Household waste Mattresses Mobile phones Paper Plastic (mixed) Scrap metal Shoes Telephone directories TVs and monitors Wood and timber
- Commercial and chargeable household waste
This service is available during opening hours of this site, Monday – Friday only. Commercial materials accepted at this site are as follows : Garden waste, non recyclable waste, wood / timber / chipboard and soil / rubble.
- Commercial vehicles accepted at this site
If you are planning to bring commercial or chargeable waste to the site, please check the table below for the size of vehicle accepted.
Vehicle type Car Accepted – chargeable Estate car/car-derived van (such as Astra van, Fiesta van) Accepted – chargeable Small van or pickup (such as VW Caddy, Vauxhall Combo, Ford Connect) Accepted – chargeable Twin cab pickup/large 4×4 Accepted – chargeable Trailers up to 1.83m (6ft) length Accepted – chargeable Transit vans or larger Not accepted Trailers over 1.83m (6ft) length Not accepted
For charges, payment methods and terms and conditions please see our Pay as you throw information on our commercial waste page. Commercial recycling permits and pre-paid commercial sacks also operate at this site.
- Reuse shops
A charity reuse shop run by Age UK Warwickshire can be found at Wellesbourne recycling centre. All proceeds from the sale of materials from the shop go directly to the charity. To find out whether a certain item is accepted at the shop please contact reuse shop directly: 01789 470338.
- Pedestrian access
For safety reasons pedestrian access is not permitted at any of the recycling centres. However if you do not have access to a vehicle please call the waste management team on 01926 412593 where arrangements may be able to be made to meet the pedestrian at the gate (48 hours notice required).
- Site safety
- Please wear suitable clothing (no open toe footwear)
- Use gloves when handling sharp/heavy items
- Place all items in the correct containers
- Cooperate with staff and ask for assistance if needed
- Bring someone along with you if you are bringing heavy or awkward sized items
- Black bags may be opened by staff. You may be asked to sort and recycle mixed bags of rubbish
- Keep all children and animals inside your vehicle
- Observe the 5 mph speed limit
- Be courteous to staff and other customers
- Comply with all policies such as vehicle and DIY waste restrictions
- All commercial and chargeable household waste must be paid for
- Park in marked bays only or as directed by staff
- Move around on site with caution, do not be distracted by handheld devices such as phones or cameras
- Documents and downloads
- Useful links
- You may also be interested in