You can now book appointments to visit this recycling centre. Please carefully read the information in the booking process.
Paint and chemicals are under a different booking process.
There is an alternative site, Cherry Orchard, Kenilworth in Warwick District.
Cars that turn up on the day without a booking will be turned away.
Cars with trailers are not permitted to visit this site, even with a booking. If you try to visit with a trailer, even if you have an appointment for a car, you will be turned away.
There are a limited number of spaces for a visit with a car and small trailer. These appointments are available at four sites: Lower House Farm in North Warwickshire, Cherry Orchard in Kenilworth and Burton Farm in Stratford, seven days a week and Hunters Lane in Rugby on Wednesdays only. Trailers must be less than 6’ bed length, single axle and unbraked.
If you try to visit with a trailer without the correct booking, you will be turned away.
Princes Drive / Hunters Lane Waste Transfer Station will continue to operate for district and borough councils and for trade waste.
Commercial, charged-for, waste can still be brought in, but site users must observe social distancing at the weighbridge and when tipping.
Waste must be separated for recycling and composting as normal - lower charges apply for recycling than for general waste.
Cards are accepted but cash is not.
Princes Drive recycling centre
- Opening times
Please see section at the top of this page for information on site opening.
- Let's sort it together project
- Vehicle restrictions
Restrictions are in place at Princes Drive recycling centre for:
- large 4x4s
A 1.98m (6ft 6in) height barrier is in place at this recycling centre, if your vehicle is larger than 1.98m (6ft 6in) please report to staff on arrival.
- Types of waste
Accepted Restricted Not accepted Batteries Asbestos Ammunition/explosives Car batteries Chemicals Clinical waste Cardboard Fluorescent tubes Fireworks Carpet Gas bottles Medicines Clothes Hardcore, rubble and soil Cartons Hazardous/restricted waste Cooking oil Paint Electrical goods Plasterboard Soil Fridges and freezers Tyres Furniture Used engine oil Garden waste Glass Household waste Mattresses Mobile phones Paper Plastic (mixed) Scrap metal Shoes Telephone directories TVs and monitors Wood and timber
- Commercial and chargeable household waste
This service is available during the opening hours of the site, seven days a week.
Commercial materials accepted are:
- garden waste
- non-recyclable waste
- wood / timber / chipboard
- soil / rubble
- plasterboard / gypsum
- gas bottles
- electrical items - including commercial fridges and freezers
- Commercial vehicles accepted at this site
If you are planning to bring commercial or chargeable waste to the site, please check the table below for the size of vehicle accepted.
Vehicle type Accepted? Car Yes - chargeable Estate car/car derived van (eg Astra van, Fiesta van etc) Yes - chargeable Small van or pick up (eg VW Caddy, Vauxhall Combo, Ford Connect etc) Yes - chargeable Twin cab pick-up / large 4×4 Yes - chargeable Trailers up to 6ft in length Yes - chargeable Transit vans or larger Yes - chargeable Trailers over 6ft in length Yes - chargeable
We provide a 'pay-as-you-throw' scheme at Princes Drive Recycling Centre.
Commercial recycling permits and pre-paid commercial sacks operate at this site.
- Reuse shops
- Pedestrian access
For safety reasons pedestrian access is not permitted.
We may be able to make arrangements if you do not have access to a vehicle, please call us on 01926 412593.
We require 48 hours notice.
- Disabled access
- Site safety
- Please wear suitable clothing (no open toe footwear)
- Use gloves when handling sharp/heavy items
- Place all items in the correct containers
- Co-operate with staff and ask for advice if needed
- Black bags may be opened by staff. You may be asked to sort and recycle mixed bags of rubbish
- Keep all children and animals inside your vehicle
- Observe the 5 mph speed limit
- Be courteous to staff and other customers
- Comply with all policies such as vehicle and DIY waste restrictions
- All commercial and chargeable household waste must be paid for
- Park in marked bays only or as directed by staff
- Move around on site with caution, do not be distracted by handheld devices such as phones or cameras
- Wheeled bins are not permitted on site
- Body worn video cameras
To enhance the user experience of site visitors, some staff may be wearing a body worn video cameras. Constant recording by this means is not used. Staff will inform site users if recording has taken place.
- Documents and downloads
- Contact us