Paint and chemicals are under a different booking process.
Cyclists bringing household waste are welcome and do not need to book.
On the Eventbrite booking system, to view additional times, click on 'More options' then click on any of the three visible times. You can then use the right arrow key to scroll across to later times.
Please do not book a car only space for a car and trailer.
Princes Drive recycling centre
- Opening times
1 April to 30 September
1 October to 31 March
Monday 9.30am to 3.15pm 9.30am to 3.15pm Tuesday 9.30am to 3.15pm 9.30am to 3.15pm Wednesday 9.30am to 6.15pm 9.30am to 3.15pm Thursday 9.30am to 3.15pm 9.30am to 3.15pm Friday 9.30am to 3.15pm 9.30am to 3.15pm Saturday 8.30am to 5.45pm 8.30am to 4.15pm Sunday 8.30am to 5.45pm 8.30am to 4.15pm
This site is closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.
- Vehicle restrictions
Restrictions are in place at Princes Drive recycling centre for:
- large 4x4s
Cyclists bringing household waste are welcome and do not need to book. Please be aware of manoeuvring vehicles and take care on site as entrances can be busy.
A 1.98m (6ft 6in) height barrier is in place at this recycling centre, if your vehicle is larger than 1.98m (6ft 6in) please report to staff on arrival.
- Types of waste
Accepted Restricted Not accepted Batteries Asbestos Ammunition/explosives Car batteries Chemicals Clinical waste Cardboard Fluorescent tubes Fireworks Carpet Gas bottles Medicines Clothes Hardcore, rubble and soil Cartons Hazardous/restricted waste Cooking oil Paint Electrical goods Plasterboard Soil Fridges and freezers Tyres Furniture Used engine oil Garden waste Glass Household waste Mattresses Mobile phones Paper Plastic (mixed) Scrap metal Shoes Telephone directories TVs and monitors Wood and timber
- Commercial and chargeable household waste
This service is available during the opening hours of the site, seven days a week.
Commercial materials accepted are:
- garden waste
- non-recyclable waste
- wood / timber / chipboard
- soil / rubble
- plasterboard / gypsum
- gas bottles
- electrical items - including commercial fridges and freezers
- Commercial vehicles accepted at this site
If you are planning to bring commercial or chargeable waste to the site, please check the table below for the size of vehicle accepted.
Vehicle type Accepted? Car Yes - chargeable Estate car/car derived van (eg Astra van, Fiesta van etc) Yes - chargeable Small van or pick up (eg VW Caddy, Vauxhall Combo, Ford Connect etc) Yes - chargeable Twin cab pick-up / large 4×4 Yes - chargeable Trailers up to 6ft in length Yes - chargeable Transit vans or larger Yes - chargeable Trailers over 6ft in length Yes - chargeable
We provide a 'pay-as-you-throw' scheme at Princes Drive Recycling Centre.
Commercial recycling permits and pre-paid commercial sacks operate at this site.
- Reuse shops
- Pedestrian access
For safety reasons pedestrian access is not permitted.
We may be able to make arrangements if you do not have access to a vehicle, please call us on 01926 412593.
We require 48 hours notice.
- Disabled access
- Site safety
- Please wear suitable clothing (no open toe footwear)
- Use gloves when handling sharp/heavy items
- Place all items in the correct containers
- Co-operate with staff and ask for advice if needed
- Black bags may be opened by staff. You may be asked to sort and recycle mixed bags of rubbish
- Keep all children and animals inside your vehicle
- Observe the 5 mph speed limit
- Be courteous to staff and other customers
- Comply with all policies such as vehicle and DIY waste restrictions
- All commercial and chargeable household waste must be paid for
- Park in marked bays only or as directed by staff
- Move around on site with caution, do not be distracted by handheld devices such as phones or cameras
- Wheeled bins are not permitted on site
- As a driver, be aware of and take care around site users most at risk from road traffic such as pedestrians, older adults, disabled people, cyclists and motorcyclists
- Body worn video cameras
To enhance the user experience of site visitors, some staff may be wearing a body worn video cameras. Constant recording by this means is not used. Staff will inform site users if recording has taken place.
- Documents and downloads
- Contact us