- Recycling centre name
- Princes Drive recycling centre
- Recycling centre information
Summer Hours are in effect from 1 April 2019 to 30 September 2019.
- Monday to Friday: 9.30am – 3.15pm
- Wednesdays: 9.30am – 6:15pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 8.30am – 5.45pm
- Opening times
The centres are busiest at weekends between 11.00am and 1.00pm. You may want to avoid these times if you can. At times you may be directed to another centre. We apologise in advance for any inconvenience.
(1 Oct to 31 Mar)
(1 Apr – 30 Sept)
Monday 9.30am – 3.15pm 9.30am – 3.15pm Tuesday 9.30am – 3.15pm 9.30am – 3.15pm Wednesday 9.30am – 3.15pm 9.30am – 6.15pm Thursday 9.30am – 3.15pm 9.30am – 3.15pm Friday 9.30am – 3.15pm 9.30am – 3.15pm Saturday 8.30am – 4.15pm 8.30am – 5.45pm Sunday 8.30am – 4.15pm 8.30am – 5.45pm
- Restricted items
- Not accepted items
- clinical waste
- Accepted items
- car batteries
- cooking oil
- food tins and drink cans
- garden waste
- household waste
- mixed plastic
- scrap metal
- telephone directories
- tvs and monitors
- wood and timber
- Commercial and chargeable household waste
This service is available during opening hours of this site, 7 days a week. Commercial materials accepted at this site are as follows : Garden waste, non recyclable waste, wood / timber / chipboard, soil / rubble, plasterboard / gypsum, tyres, gas bottles and electrical items, including commercial fridges and freezers.
- Vehicle restrictions
Restrictions are in place at all of Warwickshire’s recycling centres which restricts vehicles such as vans, pick-ups, trailers and large 4x4’s. A 6.6ft height barrier is in place at this recycling centre, if your vehicle is larger that 6.6ft please report to staff on arrival.
- Commercial vehicles accepted at this site
If you are planning to bring commercial or chargeable waste to site, please check the table below for the size of vehicle accepted.
Vehicle type Car Accepted – chargeable Estate car/car derived van (eg Astra van, Fiesta van etc) Accepted – chargeable Small van or pick up (eg VW Caddy, Vauxhall Combo, Ford Connect etc) Accepted – chargeable Twin cab pick-up / large 4×4 Accepted – chargeable Trailers up to 6’ length Accepted – chargeable Transit vans or larger Accepted – chargeable Trailers over 6’ length Accepted – chargeable
For charges, payment methods and terms & conditions please see our ‘Pay as you throw’ information on our commercial waste page.
- Reuse shops
A charity reuse shop run by Age UK Warwickshire can be found at Princes Drive. All proceeds from the sale of materials from the shop go directly to the charity. To find out whether a certain item is accepted at the shop please contact reuse shop directly: 01926 882798
- Pedestrian access
For safety reasons pedestrian access is not permitted at any of the recycling centres. However if you do not have access to a vehicle please call the waste management team on 01926 412593 where arrangements may be able to be made (48 hours notice required).
Princes Drive household recycling centre
- Site safety
- Please wear suitable clothing (no open toe footwear)
- Use gloves when handling sharp/heavy items
- Place all items in the correct containers
- Bring someone along with you if you are bringing heavy or awkward sized items
- Cooperate with staff and ask for assistance if needed
- Black bags may be opened by staff. You may be asked to sort and recycle mixed bags of rubbish
- Keep all children and animals inside your vehicle
- Observe the 5 mph speed limit
- Be courteous to staff and other customers
- Comply with all policies such as vehicle and DIY waste restrictions
- All commercial and chargeable household waste must be paid for
- Park in marked bays only or as directed by staff
- Move around on site with caution, do not be distracted by handheld devices such as phones or cameras
- Documents and downloads
- Useful links
- You may also be interested in
- Contact us