You can dispose of paint at the following centres:
- Princes Drive: Thursdays 9.30am to 3pm
- Lower House Farm: Tuesdays 9.30am to 3pm
- Stockton: Mondays 9.30am to 3pm
All visits must be pre-booked and are limited to one visit per household per month.
The maximum quantity accepted is 25 litres per household per month.
The maximum size of container accepted is 10 litres.
Further information is available in our chemical procedure (PDF, 139.24 KB).
General advice and information:
- if your unwanted paint is good enough for someone else to use, or for general advice and information on paint please visit our A to Z page
- leave the paint in its original container (as long as it does not leak)
- if not in the original container, use a clearly marked suitable storage method
- store in a cool, dry place out of reach of children
- never pour paint down the drain, as it can pollute local water courses
- do not put liquid paint into your rubbish bin (dried out water based paint is fine)
- paint from businesses are not accepted
- we are not able to collect your paint
- we will only accept paint in containers which do not leak.
We reserve the right to restrict, or refuse certain hazardous chemical and paint wastes on the grounds of environmental compliance, the health and safety of visitors and staff at our sites and that hazardous chemical and paint wastes may not be legally classed as household waste.