You can dispose of paint at the following centres from January 2021:
- Princes Drive: Thursdays (a 10-minute slot will be given to you during the booking process)
- Lower House Farm: Tuesdays (a 10- minute slot will be given to you during the booking process)
Only paint & chemical wastes can be brought to site through the Chemical Waste Disposal Form. All other wastes will be rejected if brought to site. If you have other types of waste to dispose of, please book yourself in.
Water-based paint, containers less than half-full will not be accepted in liquid form; They will be accepted in solid form.
All visits must be pre-booked and are limited to one visit per household per month.
The maximum quantity accepted is 25 litres per household per month.
The maximum size of container accepted is 10 litres.
Further information is available in our chemical procedure (PDF, 124 KB).
General advice and information
- if your unwanted paint is good enough for someone else to use, or for general advice and information on paint please visit our A to Z page
- leave the paint in its original container (as long as it does not leak)
- if not in the original container, use a clearly marked suitable storage method
- store in a cool, dry place out of reach of children
- never pour paint down the drain, as it can pollute local water courses
- do not put liquid paint into your rubbish bin (dried out water based paint is fine)
- paint from businesses are not accepted
- we are not able to collect your paint
- we will only accept paint in containers which do not leak.
We reserve the right to restrict, or refuse certain hazardous chemical and paint wastes on the grounds of environmental compliance, the health and safety of visitors and staff at our sites and that hazardous chemical and paint wastes may not be legally classed as household waste.