Don’t throw away the things you don’t need anymore – there’s somebody out there who can benefit from them.
- Reusing an item cuts down on the amount of waste sent to landfill saving on disposal costs.
- Reuse creates less CO2, water and air pollution than making a new item or recycling.
- It saves you money by providing a source of affordable, good quality items to buy.
There are a number of organisations across Warwickshire who will be happy to have your unwanted items if they are in good condition:
There are also a number of community furniture reuse schemes in Warwickshire looking for good quality furniture. Some schemes can collect from your door (a nominal collection charge may apply) or you can arrange a drop off at their store at a mutually convenient time.
All of the schemes listed are registered charities with the proceeds of affordably-priced furniture going to good causes.
- Age UK Warwickshire
- The British Heart Foundation
- The Shakespeare Hospice furniture store
- Rugby Bareboards Trust
- Kenilworth Lions furniture
- Mary Ann Evans Hospice - Home Store at Furniture Revisited
- Action 21’s Re-useful Centre
- Other charity shops in Warwickshire
You could also consider selling or giving away your unwanted items on the internet: