There will be no Weighbridge function at Hunters Lane from Wednesday 26 February to Tuesday 3 March 2020.
This is due to having the Weighbridge replaced, calibrated and verified.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Hunters Lane recycling centre
- Opening times
Winter opening hours are in effect from 1 October 2019 to 31 March 2020.
The opening hours at Hunters Lane Recycling centre are:
- Monday to Friday: 9.30am to 3.15pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 8.30am to 4.15pm
This site is closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.
- Vehicle restrictions
Restrictions are in place at Hunters Lane recycling centre for:
- large 4x4s
A 1.98m (6ft 6in) height barrier is in place at this recycling centre, if your vehicle is larger than 1.98m (6ft 6in) please report to staff on arrival.
- Types of waste
Accepted Restricted Not accepted Batteries Asbestos Ammunition/explosives Car batteries Fluorescent tubes Chemicals Cardboard Gas bottles Clinical waste Carpet Hardcore, rubble and soil Fireworks Cartons Hazardous/restricted waste Medicines Clothes Plasterboard Paint Cooking oil Soil Tyres Electrical goods Used engine oil Foil, food tins and drink cans Fridges and freezers Furniture Garden waste Glass Household waste Mattresses Mobile phones Paper Plastic (mixed) Scrap metal Shoes Telephone directories Wood and timber
- Commercial and chargeable household waste
This service is available during the opening hours of the site, seven days a week.
Commercial materials accepted are:
- garden waste
- non recyclable waste
- wood / timber / chipboard
- soil / rubble, plasterboard / gypsum
- gas bottles
- electrical items
- Commercial vehicles accepted at this site
If you are planning to bring commercial or chargeable waste to the site, please check the table below for the size of vehicle accepted.
Vehicle type Accepted? Car Yes - chargeable Estate car/car derived van (eg Astra van, Fiesta van etc) Yes - chargeable Small van or pick up (eg VW Caddy, Vauxhall Combo, Ford Connect etc) Yes - chargeable Twin cab pick-up / large 4×4 Yes - chargeable Trailers up to 1.83m (6ft) in length Yes - chargeable Transit vans or larger Yes - chargeable Trailers over 1.83m (6ft) in length Yes - chargeable
We provide a 'pay-as-you-throw' scheme at Hunters Lane Recycling Centre.
Commercial recycling permits and pre-paid commercial sacks operate at this site.
- Reuse shops
- Pedestrian access
For safety reasons pedestrian access is not permitted.
We may be able to make arrangements if you do not have access to a vehicle, please call us on 01926 412593. We require 48 hours notice.
- Disabled access
- Site safety
- Please wear suitable clothing (no open toe footwear)
- Use gloves when handling sharp/heavy items
- Place all items in the correct containers
- Cooperate with staff and ask for assistance if needed
- Bring someone along with you if you are bringing heavy or awkward sized items
- Black bags may be opened by staff. You may be asked to sort and recycle mixed bags of rubbish
- Keep all children and animals inside your vehicle
- Observe the 5 mph speed limit
- Be courteous to staff and other customers
- Comply with all policies such as vehicle and DIY waste restrictions
- All commercial and chargeable household waste must be paid for
- Park in marked bays only or as directed by staff
- Move around on site with caution, do not be distracted by handheld devices such as phones or cameras
- Wheeled bins are not permitted on site
- Body worn video cameras
To enhance the user experience of site visitors, some staff may be wearing a body worn video cameras. Constant recording by this means is not used. Staff will inform site users if recording has taken place.
- Documents and downloads
- Contact us