Judkins household recycling centre
- Opening times
Access restricted by highways maintenance works - 10 June 2019
Please be aware that, owing to highways drainage works, access to Judkins Recycling Centre will only be possible from the Town side (Tuttle Hill due to be closed).
These works are outside the control of Judkins site staff and WCC Waste Management Services. Your patience is appreciated and we regret any inconvenience caused.
Summer hours are in effect from 1 April 2019 to 30 September 2019.
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 9.30am – 3.15pm
- Wednesday: 9.30am – 6.15pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 8.30am – 5.45pm
The centres are busiest at weekends between 11am and 1pm. You may want to avoid these times if you can. At times you may be directed to another centre. We apologise in advance for any inconvenience.
Day Winter (Oct to Mar) Summer (Apr to Sep) Monday 9.30am – 3.15pm 9.30am – 3.15pm Tuesday 9.30am – 3.15pm 9.30am – 3.15pm Wednesday 9.30am – 3.15pm 9.30am – 6.15pm Thursday 9.30am – 3.15pm 9.30am – 3:15pm Friday 9.30am – 3.15pm 9.30am – 3:15pm Saturday 8.30am – 4.15pm 8.30am – 5.45pm Sunday 8.30am – 4.15pm 8.30am – 5.45pm
All sites are closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.
Sites closed on other bank holidays are Wellesbourne, Cherry Orchard, Shipston-on-Stour and Stockton.
- Vehicle restrictions
Restrictions are in place at all of Warwickshire’s recycling centres which restricts vehicles such as vans, pickups, trailers and large 4x4s.
- Types of waste
Accepted Restricted Not accepted Batteries Asbestos Ammunition/explosives Car batteries Fluorescent tubes Chemicals Cardboard Gas bottles Clinical waste Carpet Hardcore, rubble and soil Fireworks Cartons Hazardous/restricted waste Medicines Clothes Plasterboard Paint Cooking oil Soil Tyres Electrical goods Used engine oil Fridges and freezers Furniture Garden waste Glass Household waste Mattresses Mobile phones Paper Plastic (mixed) Scrap metal Shoes Telephone directories TVs and monitors Wood and timber
You can now vacuum your vehicle when visiting Judkins Recycling Centre for a small fee.
- Commercial and chargeable household waste
This service is available during the opening hours of this site, Monday to Friday only. Commercial materials accepted at this site are as follows: Garden waste, non-recyclable waste, wood/timber/chipboard, soil/rubble, plasterboard/gypsum and electrical items.
- Commercial vehicles accepted at this site
If you are planning to bring commercial or chargeable waste to the site, please check the table below for the size of vehicle accepted.
Vehicle type Car Accepted and chargeable Estate car/car-derived van (such as Astra van, Fiesta van) Accepted and chargeable Small van or pickup (such as VW Caddy, Vauxhall Combo, Ford Connect) Accepted and chargeable Twin cab pickup/large 4×4 Accepted and chargeable Trailers up to 1.83m (6ft) length Accepted and chargeable Transit vans or larger Not accepted Trailers over 1.83m (6ft) length Not accepted
For charges, payment methods and terms and conditions please see our Pay as you throw information on our commercial waste page. Commercial recycling permits operate at this site. Please note that ‘pre-paid sacks’ are not accepted
- Reuse shops
A charity reuse shop run by Mary Ann Evans Hospice can be found at Judkins. All proceeds from the sale of materials from the shop go directly to the charity. To find out whether a certain item is accepted at the shop please contact reuse shop directly: 024 7638 5986.
- Pedestrian access
For safety reasons pedestrian access is not permitted at any of the recycling centres. However if you do not have access to a vehicle please call the waste management team on 01926 412593 where arrangements may be able to be made to meet the pedestrian at the gate (48 hours notice required).
- Site safety
- Please wear suitable clothing (no open toe footwear)
- Use gloves when handling sharp/heavy items
- Place all items in the correct containers
- Cooperate with staff and ask for assistance if needed
- Bring someone along with you if you are bringing heavy or awkward sized items
- Black bags may be opened by staff. You may be asked to sort and recycle mixed bags of rubbish
- Keep all children and animals inside your vehicle
- Observe the 5 mph speed limit
- Be courteous to staff and other customers
- Comply with all policies such as vehicle and DIY waste restrictions
- Park in marked bays only or as directed by staff
- Move around on site with caution, do not be distracted by handheld devices such as phones or cameras
- Useful links
- You may also be interested in
- Contact us