Judkins recycling centre
- Opening times
Winter opening hours are in effect from 1 October 2019 to 31 March 2020.
The opening times at Judkins Recycling Centre are:
- Monday to Friday: 9.30am to 3.15pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 8.30am to 4.15pm
This site is closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.
- Vehicle restrictions
Restrictions are in place at Judkins recycling centre for:
- large 4x4s
- Types of waste
Accepted Restricted Not accepted Batteries Asbestos Ammunition/explosives Car batteries Fluorescent tubes Chemicals Cardboard Gas bottles Clinical waste Carpet Hardcore, rubble and soil Fireworks Cartons Hazardous/restricted waste Medicines Clothes Plasterboard Paint Cooking oil Soil Tyres Electrical goods Used engine oil Fridges and freezers Furniture Garden waste Glass Household waste Mattresses Mobile phones Paper Plastic bottles Scrap metal Shoes Telephone directories TVs and monitors Wood and timber
You can now vacuum your vehicle when visiting Judkins Recycling Centre for a small fee.
- Commercial and chargeable household waste
This service is available during the opening hours of the site, from Monday to Friday only.
Commercial materials accepted are:
- garden waste
- non-recyclable waste
- wood / timber / chipboard
- soil / rubble
- plasterboard / gypsum
- electrical items
- Commercial vehicles accepted at this site
If you are planning to bring commercial or chargeable waste to the site, please check the table below for the size of vehicle accepted.
Vehicle type Accepted? Car Yes - chargeable Estate car/car derived van (eg Astra van, Fiesta van etc) Yes - chargeable Small van or pick up (eg VW Caddy, Vauxhall Combo, Ford Connect etc) Yes - chargeable Twin cab pick-up / large 4×4 Yes - chargeable Trailers up to 1.83m (6ft) in length Yes - chargeable Transit vans or larger No Trailers over 1.83m (6ft) in length No
We provide a 'pay-as-you-throw' scheme at Judkins Recycling Centre.
Commercial recycling permits operate at this site. Please note pre pre-paid commercial sacks are not accepted at this site.
- Reuse shops
A charity reuse shop run by Mary Ann Evans Hospice can be found at Judkins recycling centre. All proceeds from the sale of materials from the shop go directly to the charity.
To find out whether a certain item is accepted at the shop please contact reuse shop directly: 024 7638 5986.
- Pedestrian access
For safety reasons pedestrian access is not permitted.
We may be able to make arrangements if you do not have access to a vehicle, please call us on 01926 412593. We require 48 hours notice.
- Site safety
- Please wear suitable clothing (no open toe footwear)
- Use gloves when handling sharp/heavy items
- Place all items in the correct containers
- Cooperate with staff and ask for assistance if needed
- Bring someone along with you if you are bringing heavy or awkward sized items
- Black bags may be opened by staff. You may be asked to sort and recycle mixed bags of rubbish
- Keep all children and animals inside your vehicle
- Observe the 5 mph speed limit
- Be courteous to staff and other customers
- Comply with all policies such as vehicle and DIY waste restrictions
- Park in marked bays only or as directed by staff
- Move around on site with caution, do not be distracted by handheld devices such as phones or cameras
- Wheeled bins are not permitted on site
- Contact us