Licences and permits

Disabled parking bay

  • Disabled parking bay

    Apply for an advisory disabled parking bay.

  • Blue Badge (disabled parking)

    The Blue Badge scheme is a European scheme which gives parking concessions in the UK and Europe to people with severe mobility problems. It allows badge holders to park closer than other members of the public to their destinations.

  • Street parties

    Street parties and fetes are a traditional part of community life. They are a simple way for us to get to know our neighbours and meet members of our community.

  • Organising an event on the highway

    The highway is a road or street, verge, footway or pavement, public footpath or bridleway that is the responsibility of Warwickshire County Council as the highway authority.

  • Resident parking schemes

    Residents parking schemes are designed to make the most out of a scarce resource… space for parking in residential streets.

  • Apply for a dropped kerb

    Details on the requirements you need to meet in order to apply for a dropped kerb.

  • Private access protection

    The length of an ‘access marking’ extends about 1 metre beyond each end of the length of a dropped kerb as long as this does not encroach in front of the neighbouring property.

  • Street café licence

    To put tables and chairs on a Warwickshire public highway, you will need to obtain a licence from us before doing so.

  • Street works licence

    Statutory Undertakers, Gas, Electric, Water and Telecommunications, have a right to open any part of the highway (subject to due notification to the Highway Authority) in order to install or maintain their equipment in publicly maintainable highway.

  • Licence to deposit materials on the highway

    In order to place materials on the highway (verge, footway, carriageway ) you will require a permit from WCC in accordance with Section 171 of the Highways Act 1980 and Section 65 of the Road Traffic Act 1984. Please complete the Relevant Form, a charge of £50 per month is made for this permit.

  • Highways planting licence

    If you would like to plant any trees, shrubs, grasses, flowers or plants along the highway, you must first make a formal application.

  • Free (concessionary) bus travel for older and disabled people

    The English National Concessionary Travel Scheme(ENCTS) is a national scheme that provides free off-peak local bus travel throughout England. Eligibility is determined either by age or a qualifying disability.

  • Car parks

    The District and Borough councils of Warwickshire operate car parks in and around the town centres

  • Weighbridges

    Public weighbridge locations, fees, dimensions, capacity and opening times.

  • Recycling centre vehicle permits

    Vehicle and trailer restrictions apply at all household waste recycling centres in Warwickshire. Apply for a permit and voucher to enable residents to use vehicles otherwise excluded by the vehicle and trailer restrictions.

  • Temporary structures licence on the highway

    To put a temporary structure – scaffolding, hoarding and cranes/access arms – on a public road, you need a licence from the local authority.

  • Skip licence

    To put a builder’s skip on a public road, you need a licence from the local authority.