Installing dropped kerbs or an access point can require one or two permissions – highway consent, and or planning permission.
For A, B or C classified roads you will need planning permission from your local district or borough council before we can consider your request.
To find the road classification, please contact the Highways Searches team.
You can contact your local district or borough council on:
- North Warwickshire Borough Council – 01827 715341
- Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council – 02476 376376
- Rugby Borough Council – 01788 533533
- Stratford-on-Avon District Council – 01789 267575
- Warwick District Council – 01926 456130
For council owned or previously council owned property you must apply to the relevant local council for their permission to convert the property frontage into a hard standing (drop kerb driveway) for vehicles. The written permission gained from the council must be sent with the application form.
If the property concerned is rented, it will be necessary for you to apply to your landlord for their permission to carry out the work. The written permission gained from the landlord must be sent with the application form.