Due to current office closures post is being diverted to a central location and as such there are delays on applications being received. Wherever possible please send all applications to our email address found on the application form.
The following criteria for the provision of private access protection road marking applies.
- The white bar marking is reserved for those sites where there is a persistent problem, with frequent obstruction of an access.
- The lines are intended to deter drivers who would otherwise park across an access. They can be placed in residential streets with a high parking demand by non-residents, for example near shopping or commercial areas. They will not be used where parking obstruction is by neighbours.
- They shall be laid in accordance with the road marking regulations and in white non-reflective material.
- Anyone who applies for this facility is required to provide a detailed reason for the application.
- If the work is agreed a charge of £49 per (up to) each 5m line will apply. (Therefore, an Access Protection Marking up to 5m will be charged at £49, over 5m and up to 10m will be charged at £98 and over 10m and up to 15m £147 etc)
The length of an ‘access marking’ extends about one-metre beyond each end of the length of a dropped kerb as long as this does not encroach in front of the neighbouring property.
Please note that these markings have no legal standing. However, if a vehicle does park on them, the presence of the line would tend to support the offence of obstruction.