Making your application
To put tables and chairs on a Warwickshire public highway, you will need to obtain a licence from us. Full details of the regulations relating to this can be found at legislation.gov.uk – Highways Act 1980.
An application form must be completed and returned not less than one month before it is intended to place the tables and chairs on the highway.
In order to complete this process, you will need the following:
- A copy of your Public Liability Licence Certificate (minimum of £5 million cover)
- A plan or sketch of your premises
- A sample or colour photograph of your furniture.
The cost of the permit to allow the use of tables and chairs on the road or pavement is £100 per annum. A cheque for this amount must be submitted along with the application.
We advise applicants read our Street Cafe Standard Conditions (PDF, 84.01 KB) prior to application. These conditions can be altered to suit the particular location.
We have also created a Street Café Plan and Layout Guidance (PDF, 681.22 KB) document to assist street cafe applicants.
Please note that submission of this form does NOT mean permission has been granted and no tables and chairs may be put on the highway until a permit is in place.
Street cafe licence complaints
- Failed application redress: Please contact us in the first instance.
- Licence holder redress: Please contact us in the first instance.
- Consumer complaint: We would always advise that in the event of a complaint the first contact is made with the trader by you – preferably in the form a letter (with proof of delivery). If that has not worked, if you are located in the UK, Citizens Advice – Consumer will give you advice. From outside the UK contact the UK European Consumer Centre.
- Other redress: For example, about noise or pollution or if one licence holder should complain about another. Please contact us in the first instance.