Temporary signs on the highway must be agreed with Warwickshire County Council, as the Highway Authority, before being placed on the network. Applications for new housing developments and public events will be considered.

Signage installed for traffic management purposes, in connection to street works or road works, does not fall under this application route and should have the appropriate permits in place prior to placement.

You must complete and return an application form at least one month before signage is intended to be installed.

Along with an application form you will need:

  • A copy of Public and Employers Liability Insurance showing a minimum £10 million cover.
  • A sign schedule showing design, dimensions, sign mounting method and if attached to highway assets, the number and/or type of street furniture to which the sign is to be attached.
  • For developments - Maps showing location of proposed signs, development entrance(s) and exit(s), site boundary and any agreed routes as part of planning permission.
  • For events - Maps showing location of proposed signs, event entrance(s) and exit(s).

You should read our Signage Standard Conditions before applying.

Please note that submitting an application form does not mean permission has been granted to install temporary signage.