You can now book appointments to visit this recycling centre. Please carefully read the information in the booking process.
This site currently has limited availability. If you are unable to book a time slot, check again tomorrow.
Paint and chemicals are under a different booking process, please click here for further information.
Cars that turn up on the day without a booking will be turned away.
Please do not book a trailer in for a car only space.
There are a limited number of spaces for a visit with a car and small trailer. These appointments are limited to certain days at three sites: Lower House Farm in North Warwickshire, Cherry Orchard in Kenilworth and Burton Farm in Stratford. Trailers must be less than 6’ bed length, single axle and unbraked.
Please do not book a car only space for a car and trailer space.
If you try to visit with a trailer without the correct booking, you will be turned away.
Lower House Farm recycling centre
Lower House Lane
- Opening times
Please see section at the top of this page for information on site opening.
- Vehicle restrictions
Restrictions are in place at Lower House Farm recycling centre for:
- large 4x4s
A 1.95m (6ft 5in) height barrier is in place at this recycling centre, if your vehicle is larger that 1.95m (6ft 5in) please report to staff on arrival.
- Types of waste
Accepted Restricted Not accepted Batteries Asbestos Ammunition/explosives Car batteries Chemicals Clinical waste Cardboard Fluorescent tubes Fireworks Carpet Gas bottles Medicines Cartons Hardcore, rubble and soil Clothes Hazardous/restricted waste Cooking oil Paint Electrical goods Plasterboard Foil, food tins and drink cans Soil Fridges and freezers Tyres Furniture Used engine oil Garden waste Glass Household waste Mattresses Mobile phones Paper Plastic (mixed) Scrap metal Shoes Telephone directories TVs and monitors Wood and timber
- Commercial and chargeable household waste
This service is available during the opening hours of the site, seven days a week.
Commercial materials accepted are:
- garden waste
- non-recyclable waste
- wood / timber / chipboard
- soil / rubble
- plasterboard / gypsum
- gas bottles
- Commercial vehicles accepted at this site
If you are planning to bring commercial or chargeable waste to the site, please check the table below for the size of vehicle accepted.
Household waste is chargeable in any vehicle that is not a car such as:
- large trailers
- large 4x4s
Vehicle type Accepted? Car Yes - chargeable Estate car/car derived van (eg Astra van, Fiesta van etc) Yes - chargeable Small van or pick up (eg VW Caddy, Vauxhall Combo, Ford Connect etc) Yes - chargeable Twin cab pick-up / large 4×4 Yes - chargeable Trailers up to 1.83m (6ft) in length Yes - chargeable Transit vans or larger No Trailers over 1.83m (6ft) in length No
We provide a 'pay-as-you-throw' scheme at Lower House Farm Recycling Centre.
Commercial recycling permits and pre-paid commercial sacks operate at this site.
- Reuse shops
- Pedestrian access
For safety reasons pedestrian access is not permitted.
We may be able to make arrangements if you do not have access to a vehicle, please call us on 01926 412593.
We require 48 hours notice.
- Disabled access
- Site safety
- Please wear suitable clothing (no open toe footwear)
- Use gloves when handling sharp/heavy items
- Place all items in the correct containers
- Co-operate with staff and ask for advice if needed
- Black bags may be opened by staff. You may be asked to sort and recycle mixed bags of rubbish
- Keep all children and animals inside your vehicle
- Observe the 5 mph speed limit
- Be courteous to staff and other customers
- Comply with all policies such as vehicle and DIY waste restrictions
- All commercial and chargeable household waste must be paid for
- Park in marked bays only or as directed by staff
- Move around on site with caution, do not be distracted by handheld devices such as phones or cameras
- Wheeled bins are not permitted on site
- Body worn video cameras
To enhance the user experience of site visitors, some staff may be wearing a body worn video cameras. Constant recording by this means is not used. Staff will inform site users if recording has taken place.
- Documents and downloads
- Contact us