You can now book appointments to visit this recycling centre. Please carefully read the information in the booking process.
Cars that turn up on the day without a booking will be turned away.
Please do not book a trailer in for a car only space.
There are a limited number of spaces for a visit with a car and small trailer. These appointments are available at four sites: Lower House Farm in North Warwickshire, Cherry Orchard in Kenilworth and Burton Farm in Stratford, seven days a week and Hunters Lane in Rugby on Wednesdays only. Trailers must be less than 6’ bed length, single axle and unbraked.
Please do not book a car only space for a car and trailer space.
If you try to visit with a trailer without the correct booking, you will be turned away.
Burton Farm recycling centre
- Opening times
Please see section at the top of this page for information on site opening.
- Let's sort it together project
- Vehicle restrictions
Restrictions are in place at Burton Farm recycling centre for:
- large 4x4s
Access to this site is via a railway bridge with traffic light controls.
- Types of waste
Accepted Restricted Not accepted Batteries Fluorescent tubesAmmunition/explosives Car batteries Hardcore, rubble and soil Asbestos Cardboard Hazardous/restricted waste Chemicals Carpet Plasterboard Clinical waste Cartons Soil Fireworks Clothes Gas bottles Cooking oil Medicines Electrical goods Paint Foil, food tins and drink cans Tyres Fridges and freezers Furniture Garden waste Glass Household waste Mattresses Mobile phones Paper Plastic (mixed) Scrap metal Shoes Telephone directories TVs and monitors Used engine oil Wood and timber
- Commercial and chargeable household waste
Please Note: Due to COVID-19 restrictions, commercial and chargeable household waste is not currently accepted at this site.
This service is available during the opening hours of this site, seven days a week.
Commercial materials accepted are:
- garden waste
- non-recyclable waste
- wood / timber / chipboard
- soil / rubble
- plasterboard / gypsum
- Commercial vehicles accepted at this site
If you are planning to bring commercial or chargeable waste to the site, please check the table below for the size of vehicle accepted.
Vehicle type Accepted? Car Yes - chargeable Estate car/car derived van (eg Astra van, Fiesta van etc) Yes - chargeable Small van or pick up (eg VW Caddy, Vauxhall Combo, Ford Connect etc) Yes - chargeable Twin cab pick-up / large 4×4 Yes - chargeable Trailers up to 1.83m (6ft) in length Yes - chargeable Transit vans or larger No Trailers over 1.83m (6ft) in length No
We provide a 'pay-as-you-throw' scheme at Burton Farm Recycling Centre.
Commercial recycling permits and pre-paid commercial sacks operate at this site.
- Reuse shops
- Pedestrian access
For safety reasons pedestrian access is not permitted.
We may be able to make arrangements if you do not have access to a vehicle, please call us on 01926 412593. We require 48 hours notice.
- Disabled access
- Site safety
- Please wear suitable clothing (no open toe footwear)
- Use gloves when handling sharp/heavy items
- Place all items in the correct containers
- Co-operate with staff and ask for advice if needed.
- Black bags may be opened by staff. You may be asked to sort and recycle mixed bags of rubbish
- Keep all children and animals inside your vehicle
- Observe the 5 mph speed limit
- Be courteous to staff and other customers
- Comply with all policies such as vehicle and DIY waste restrictions
- All commercial and chargeable household waste must be paid for Park in marked bays only or as directed by staff
- Move around on site with caution, do not be distracted by handheld devices such as phones or cameras
- Wheeled bins are not permitted on site
- Body worn video cameras
To enhance the user experience of site visitors, some staff may be wearing a body worn video cameras. Constant recording by this means is not used. Staff will inform site users if recording has taken place.
- Documents and downloads
- Contact us