Pupils aged 16 and under
Help is available to pupils who:
- live in Warwickshire
- are in Year 11 or below
- have a place at their nearest qualifying school - normally the school whose priority area they live in unless otherwise stated by SEND Assessment and Review (SENDAR).
If they go to a mainstream school, it will also be:
- over two miles away for pupils under the age of 8
- over three miles away for pupils aged 8 to 16
- over two miles away for pupils aged 8 to 11 who are entitled to free school meals and whose parents/carers are in receipt of the maximum level of tax credits (proof of this will need to be provided)
- have a route to school which is less than this distance but has been deemed unsafe to walk
- are unable to walk this distance because of their special educational need, disability or mobility difficulties
For those who meet these criteria, you may be offered either Direct Travel Payments (DTP), or Warwickshire County Council Transport.
Warwickshire County Council Transport
This is currently provided free of charge and may be provided as:
- a Direct Travel Payment (normally when no Warwickshire County Council transport exists)
- a bus pass
- a train pass
- a private hire vehicle (taxi).
If you wish to apply: Home to School SEN Transport Application (SEND)