Pupils aged 16 to 18
Help is available if you:
- are over school age and under 19 on the 31 August before your course begins
- live in Warwickshire
- have a maintained Education, Health and Care plan or can provide proof of learning difficulties or disabilities
- are attending a full-time course (540 guided learning hours per year/three days or more per week)
- go to the nearest qualifying special school, sixth form or college offering the qualification/course*
- are unable to travel to school/college unless transport is provided
- have a journey of more than three miles from home to school/college. Or are unable to travel this distance because of your special educational needs and/or disabilities.
- pay the parental contribution towards transport.
* The nearest school/college that can provide education appropriate to your age, ability, and aptitude. Also taking into account any special educational needs that you have. Normally the school whose priority area you live in unless otherwise stated by the SEND Assessment and Review team.
You won’t qualify for transport help if you are:
- applying for Higher Education courses for which you can apply for a mandatory grant.
- in full-time work or on an equivalent training scheme.
Parental contribution for the 2021/22 Academic Year
For those who pay full rate:
- £826 per year
- £82.60 per month x 10 payments
For those who pay the reduced** rate:
- £413 per year
- £41.30 per month x 10 payments
** Students or families who receive one of the qualifying benefits listed below are considered to have a low income and will qualify for the reduced rate;
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
- the Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- the Maximum Level of Working Tax Credit
- Employment and Support Allowance (Income-related)
- Child Tax Credit (below the relevant threshold of £16,190)
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit (with an annual income of less than £7400)
- Payment can be made by card online or by monthly direct debit.
Please note: transport is provided for the start/end of the school day but adjustments may be made in exceptional circumstances.
Transport may be provided as a:
- bus pass
- train pass
- private hire vehicle (taxi)