Rugby Library is open
Services are available by appointment only, except loan items which can be returned at anytime, during opening hours.
- Collection of books is by pre-arranged appointment only. Please do not visit a library without an appointment unless returning loan items.
- Quarantining and cleaning measures for returned books will be in place, before they are reused, to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19.
- Protect yourself and others from coronavirus. Please do not visit the library if you have any of the main symptoms of coronavirus.
- Click & Collect Request books online. Collect by appointment only.
- Staff Select Order a selection of books. Collect by appointment only.
- Computer Access Book in advance. By appointment only
- Return Loans Facility. Available during library opening hours.
During this time:
- The main entrance remains closed.
- The collections point for Click & Collect is at the side door.
- Access for computer bookings is at the rear door in the Registration Office gardens.
- Returns are via the out of hours returns box, at the side of the building. Access is via steps. Please contact the library if you need assistance to return your books.
All other services remain unavailable.
eLibrary - download eBooks & eAudiobooks, eMagazines, eNewspapers and eMusic for free.
- Opening hours (for returns and pre-booked appointm
Day Opening hours Monday 10am to 3pm Tuesday 10am to 3pm Wednesday 10am to 3pm Thursday 10am to 3pm Friday 10am to 3pm Saturday 10am to 3pm Sunday 12 noon to 4pm
Telephone 0300 555 8171 for Rugby Library information. Lines are open:
- Monday to Thursday 9am to 5pm
- Friday 9am to 4.30pm
All County Council managed libraries are closed on bank holidays and the preceding Sunday.
Little Elborow Street
- What we offer
- books, talking books, large print
- newspapers and magazines
- spoken word playaways
- Asian reading material
- Books on Prescription collection – mental health self-help books, eBooks and CDs.
- Sorted! book collection – help for children, young people and parents with common problems and situations.
- Micro:bits for loan – start coding with tiny programmable computers. For over eight year olds.
- computers with printing and scanning – printing is A4 black & white, and colour.
- photocopier – A3/A4 black & white
- local studies and family history service
- read and relax area
- UK Online Centre
- Concessionary travel passes
- Let’s Make technology space
- Children’s and young adult groups and activities
- Rhyme Time – songs and rhymes for 0 – 2 year olds and parents and carers. Wednesdays, 09:30 – 10:00 and 11:00 – 11:30 ; Fridays 11:00 – 11:30 (term time only).
- Story Stomp – fun for 2 – 4 year olds and their parents and carers, following on from Rhyme Time. Mondays, 11:00 – 11:30 (term time only).
- Book Magic – free family fun for children of all ages and their accompanying adults. Stories and crafts: a different theme every week. Sundays, 14:00 – 15:00.
- Chatterbooks – encouraging children aged 8 – 11 to take pleasure in reading. Book talk, fun games and crafts. Every first Saturday of the month, 11:00 – 12:00.
- Code Club – free after school coding clubs for children aged 9 – 11. Tuesdays, 16:00 – 17:00 (term time only).
- Lego Club – creative themed sessions for children to build and create with Lego. Saturdays, 14:00 – 15:00. Please book in advance at Eventbrite.
- Reading Hack – year-round activities and groups for 13-19 year olds. Alternate Wednesdays, 16:00 – 17:00.
- Spark Young Writers Group – for children and young people interested in any kind of creative writing. There is an annual charge for these sessions, payable to the organiser, Writing West Midlands. One Saturday every month.
- Other groups and activities
- Silver Surfers – free drop-in computer and tablet help sessions for people aged 50 plus. Mondays, 10:30 – 11.30 and 11:30 – 12:30. Drop-in or book in advance – Contact us.
- Rugby Family History Group. Every third Thursday of the month, 14:00 – 16:30.
- Talk and a brew – a free programme of talks by the U3A with tea, coffee and biscuits for £1.00. Fortnightly on Wednesdays, 14:00 – 15:30.
- Tuesday Evening Reads – reading group. Third Tuesday of the month, 18:00 – 19:00.
- Games Group – Scrabble, Monopoly, chess and draughts. Thursdays, 10:00 – 12:00.
- Knitting Group. Mondays, 10:00 – 12:00.
- Safe Place
Rugby Library is a Safe Place where you can go to get help if you feel unsafe or at risk when you are out and about.
We will help you contact your support worker, family member, carer or the police. You will know it’s a Safe Place as it will have a sticker in the window.
For more information visit the Safe Places page.
- Disability access
Disabled access features – DisabledGo has a detailed access guide, showing a graphical summary of the venue’s accessibility using access icons and detailed information of the key features of the venue.
- Do it online
- Contact us