- Library name
- Rugby Library and Information Centre
- Opening hours
Day Opening hours Monday 09.00 – 17.30 Tuesday 10.00 – 19.00 Wednesday 09.00 – 17.30 Thursday 09.00 – 17.30 Friday 09.00 – 17.30 Saturday 09.00 – 16.00 Sunday 12.00 – 16.00
Library information for Rugby is also available by telephone – 0300 555 8171.
Lines are open:
- Monday to Friday: 08.00 – 18.30
- Saturday: 09.00 – 13.00
- What we offer
- books, talking books, large print
- newspapers and magazines
- spoken word playaways
- Asian reading material
- Books on Prescription collection – mental health self-help books, eBooks and CDs.
- Sorted! book collection – help for children, young people and parents with common problems and situations.
- Micro:bits for loan – start coding with tiny programmable computers. For over eight year olds.
- computers with printing and scanning – printing is A4 black & white, and colour.
- photocopier – A3/A4 black & white
- fax service
- local studies and family history service
- read and relax area
- UK Online Centre
- Let’s Make technology space
- Children’s and young adult groups and activities
- Rhyme Time – songs and rhymes for 0 – 2 year olds and parents and carers. Wednesdays, 09:30 – 10:00 and 11:00 – 11:30 ; Fridays 11:00 – 11:30 (term time only).
- Story Stomp – fun for 2 – 4 year olds and their parents and carers, following on from Rhyme Time. Mondays, 11:00 – 11:30 (term time only).
- Book Magic – free family fun for children of all ages and their accompanying adults. Stories and crafts: a different theme every week. Sundays, 14:00 – 15:00.
- Chatterbooks – encouraging children aged 8 – 11 to take pleasure in reading. Book talk, fun games and crafts. Every first Saturday of the month, 11:00 – 12:00.
- Code Club – free after school coding clubs for children aged 9 – 11. Tuesdays, 16:00 – 17:00 (term time only).
- Lego Club – creative themed sessions for children to build and create with Lego. Saturdays, 14:00 – 15:00. Please book in advance at Eventbrite.
- Reading Hack – year-round activities and groups for 13-19 year olds. Alternate Wednesdays, 16:00 – 17:00.
- Spark Young Writers Group – for children and young people interested in any kind of creative writing. There is an annual charge for these sessions, payable to the organiser, Writing West Midlands. One Saturday every month.
- Other groups and activities
- Silver Surfers – free drop-in computer and tablet help sessions for people aged 50 plus. Mondays, 10:30 – 11.30 and 11:30 – 12:30. Drop-in or book in advance – Contact us.
- Rugby Family History Group. Every third Thursday of the month, 14:00 – 16:30.
- Talk and a brew – a free programme of talks by the U3A with tea, coffee and biscuits for £1.00. Fortnightly on Wednesdays, 14:00 – 15:30.
- Tuesday Evening Reads – reading group. Third Tuesday of the month, 18:00 – 19:00.
- Games Group – Scrabble, Monopoly, chess and draughts. Thursdays, 10:00 – 12:00.
- Knitting Group. Mondays, 10:00 – 12:00.
- Safe Place
Rugby Library is a Safe Place where you can go to get help if you feel unsafe or at risk when you are out and about.
We will help you contact your support worker, family member, carer or the police. You will know it’s a Safe Place as it will have a sticker in the window.
For more information visit the Safe Places page.
- Disability access
Disabled access features – DisabledGo has a detailed access guide, showing a graphical summary of the venue’s accessibility using access icons and detailed information of the key features of the venue.
- Do it online
- Contact us
Little Elborow Street