Library services are open. We look forward to seeing you. When you visit we ask you to:
- sanitise your hands
- choose to wear a mask
- respect the space of others
- Opening hours
Day Opening hours Monday 9am to 5.30pm Tuesday 10am to 7pm Wednesday 9am to 5.30pm Thursday 9am to 5.30pm Friday 9am to 5.30pm Saturday 9am to 4pm Sunday 12 noon to 4pm
Telephone 0300 555 8171 for Rugby Library information; depending on your call package, charges may apply. Lines are open:
- Monday to Thursday 9am to 5pm
- Friday 9am to 4.30pm
All County Council managed libraries are closed on bank holidays and when these fall on a Monday, the library is also closed on the preceding Sunday.
Little Elborow Street
- What we offer
- books, talking books, large print - browse and borrow books from our shelves
- request books online and collect in the library
- staff select and collect in the library. We can supply book(s) that you like to read
- library account enquiries & general enquiries including joining
- computers with printing and scanning – printing is A3/A4 black & white and A3/A4 colour. Bookable in advance online, by phone or ask in the library.
- scanning - instructions are available but staff support is limited. Book the Scanner PC to use this service
- photocopier – A3/A4 black & white and A3/A4 colour
- self service machines to issue, return & renew
- iKiosk self-service – avoid the queue
- local studies and family history
- Asian reading material
- spoken word playaways
- Reading Well collection – mental health self-help books, eBooks and CDs
- Sorted! book collection – help for children, young people and parents with common problems and situations
- Micro:bits for loan – start coding with tiny programmable computers. For over eight year olds
- concessionary travel passes - applications and renewals by appointment only. Please contact the library to make a booking
- read and relax area
- study space
- member of Online Centres Network (OCN)
- Let’s Make technology space
- Let’s Make – explore and experiment with innovative and creative technology, including 3D printing, virtual reality, coding, digital embroidery and much more.
- Children’s and young adult groups and activities
Events and activities for pre-school and school aged children. Book in advance at Eventbrite
- Book Magic – free family fun for children of all ages and their accompanying adults. Stories and crafts: a different theme every week.
- Lego Club – creative themed sessions for children to build and create with Lego. Booking essential.
- Saturday Morning Movie - family film on our big TV. Every Saturday morning.
- Code Club - A nationwide network of free after-school coding clubs for children aged 9 to 11. Online and in the library.
- Rhyme Time – songs and rhymes for 0 to 2-year-olds and parents and carers.
- Story Stomp – fun for 2 to 4-year-olds and their parents and carers, following on from Rhyme Time.
- Other groups and activities
- Games Group – table top games. Wednesdays, 10:00 – 12:00.
- IT Help - get help using a computer or your own device. Every Monday morning. Booking essential.
- Rugby Family History Group. Every third Thursday of the month, 14:00 – 16:30.
- Tuesday Evening Reads – reading group. Third Tuesday of the month, 18:00 – 19:00.
- Knitting Group. Mondays, 10:00 – 12:00.
- Safe Place
Rugby Library is a Safe Place where you can go to get help if you feel unsafe or at risk when you are out and about.
We will help you contact your support worker, family member, carer or the police. You will know it’s a Safe Place as it will have a sticker in the window.
For more information visit the Safe Places page.
- Disability access
Disabled access features – DisabledGo has a detailed access guide, showing a graphical summary of the venue’s accessibility using access icons and detailed information of the key features of the venue.
- Do it online
- Contact us