Rugby Library is now offering a Grab & Go Service.
What is available:
- Browse and borrow books from our shelves, and self-issue (for up to 30 minutes).
- Request books online and collect in the library.
- Staff Select and collect in the library. We can supply book(s) that you like to read.
- Computer sessions bookable in advance online, by phone or ask inside (for up 45 minutes).
- Library Account enquiries & general enquiries including joining.
- Return books.
- Please see other available services under What We Offer, on this page.
During this time:
- Please bring your library ticket to use the self service machines (we will help if you forget).
- We can only allow a limited number of people into the library at any one time. You may have to wait a short time before entering.
- A maximum of 6 people (from 2 families only) in the Children’s Library at any one time.
- You do not need an appointment but visits are limited to 30 minutes.
- All other services remain unavailable.
- Quarantining and cleaning measures for returned books will be in place, before they are reused, to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19. Your returned items may not be removed from your account for up to 5 days.
- Protect yourself and others from coronavirus. In line with Government guidance you are required to wear a face covering when in the library. Please do not visit the library if you have any of the main symptoms of coronavirus.
- Libraries are government designated venues where a system must be in place to request and record contact details of their customers, visitors, and staff to help break the chains of transmission of coronavirus. We will therefore collect your name and contact details, at Grab & Go libraries, to support NHS Test and Trace.
eLibrary - download eBooks & eAudiobooks, eMagazines, eNewspapers and eMusic for free.
- Opening hours
Day Opening hours Monday 9.30am to 5pm Tuesday 9.30am to 6pm Wednesday 9.30am to 5pm Thursday 9.30am to 5pm Friday 9.30am to 5pm Saturday 9.30am to 4pm Sunday 12 noon to 4pm
Telephone 0300 555 8171 for Rugby Library information. Lines are open:
- Monday to Thursday 9am to 5pm
- Friday 9am to 4.30pm
All County Council managed libraries are closed on bank holidays and the preceding Sunday.
Little Elborow Street
- What we offer
- books, talking books, large print
- computers with printing – printing is A4 black & white, and colour.
- Asian reading material
- Books on Prescription collection – mental health self-help books, eBooks and CDs.
- Sorted! book collection – help for children, young people and parents with common problems and situations.
- spoken word playaways
- local studies and family history service - books for loan only
- There is no access to the upper floor. For Local Studies and business book stock please ask staff for assistance.
- Let’s Make technology space
- Children’s and young adult groups and activities
- Rhyme Time – songs and rhymes for 0 – 2 year olds and parents and carers. Wednesdays, 09:30 – 10:00 and 11:00 – 11:30 ; Fridays 11:00 – 11:30 (term time only).
- Story Stomp – fun for 2 – 4 year olds and their parents and carers, following on from Rhyme Time. Mondays, 11:00 – 11:30 (term time only).
- Book Magic – free family fun for children of all ages and their accompanying adults. Stories and crafts: a different theme every week. Sundays, 14:00 – 15:00.
- Chatterbooks – encouraging children aged 8 – 11 to take pleasure in reading. Book talk, fun games and crafts. Every first Saturday of the month, 11:00 – 12:00.
- Code Club – free after school coding clubs for children aged 9 – 11. Tuesdays, 16:00 – 17:00 (term time only).
- Lego Club – creative themed sessions for children to build and create with Lego. Saturdays, 14:00 – 15:00. Please book in advance at Eventbrite.
- Reading Hack – year-round activities and groups for 13-19 year olds. Alternate Wednesdays, 16:00 – 17:00.
- Spark Young Writers Group – for children and young people interested in any kind of creative writing. There is an annual charge for these sessions, payable to the organiser, Writing West Midlands. One Saturday every month.
- Other groups and activities
- Silver Surfers – free drop-in computer and tablet help sessions for people aged 50 plus. Mondays, 10:30 – 11.30 and 11:30 – 12:30. Drop-in or book in advance – Contact us.
- Rugby Family History Group. Every third Thursday of the month, 14:00 – 16:30.
- Talk and a brew – a free programme of talks by the U3A with tea, coffee and biscuits for £1.00. Fortnightly on Wednesdays, 14:00 – 15:30.
- Tuesday Evening Reads – reading group. Third Tuesday of the month, 18:00 – 19:00.
- Games Group – Scrabble, Monopoly, chess and draughts. Thursdays, 10:00 – 12:00.
- Knitting Group. Mondays, 10:00 – 12:00.
- Safe Place
Rugby Library is a Safe Place where you can go to get help if you feel unsafe or at risk when you are out and about.
We will help you contact your support worker, family member, carer or the police. You will know it’s a Safe Place as it will have a sticker in the window.
For more information visit the Safe Places page.
- Disability access
Disabled access features – DisabledGo has a detailed access guide, showing a graphical summary of the venue’s accessibility using access icons and detailed information of the key features of the venue.
- Do it online
- Contact us