Library services from January 2021, national lockdown
Return your loans to designated libraries – we understand you may not be able to visit so the return date for all items on loan has been extended until at least February 27 2021; overdue fines do not currently apply.
If you visit a library you should wear a mask unless exempt and sanitise your hands. You will be asked to provide contact information for NHS Test and Trace.
All county council-managed libraries have:
- Microsoft Office
- scanning and photo editing (currently unavailable)
- save to the hard drive temporarily and to external devices
- library members have 45 minutes free computer use per day, bookable in advance or ask at your library.
- children (members and non-members) can visit our ‘Walled Garden’ of filtered websites, free of charge.
- young people, aged 12-15 years or 11 years and attending Secondary School, can visit sites outside of the Walled Garden, if a parent, grandparent, carer or guardian gives permission, in person.
- visitors / Non-members and temporary members can purchase computer time.
Bookings are held for 10 minutes from the session start time. At the library, go straight to the booked computer and enter your library card number and PIN.
All libraries have ZoomText magnification and screen reader software and Jaws screen reader software.