Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Generator

What happens if I am not satisfied with the service I receive?

Our policy is to be as open as possible and supply the information you have requested, but we may withhold information if we consider the information falls within one of the exemptions/exceptions depending on the law.

If we refuse to supply all or part of any other information you have asked for, we will write to you giving our reasons for refusal.

If you are dissatisfied with the response, or haven’t received a response to a formal information request, then please follow the steps below. If this doesn’t relate to a formal request please follow the council’s complaint procedure.

  1. First, contact the council officer who dealt with your request and see if they can resolve your concerns.
  2. If you are not satisfied with the reasons or how your request was dealt with you have the right to ask for a formal internal review of the matter. You should ask for a review within 40 days of receiving our final response
  3. You must make your request for an internal review in writing and our Corporate Legal Services team will deal with the matter. You can make the request by replying to the last email you received, or in writing to the Information Rights team quoting the case reference number (using the contact details above). We will aim to respond within 20 working days and at the most, 40 days if the case is complex, but we will keep you informed.
  4. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of the internal review, you may also appeal to the Information Commissioner if you feel we have not complied with our obligations. We explain your rights on the Information Commissioner’s website.
Update cookies preferences