If your request is to view CCTV images, please supply the location, date and approximate time of the recording and a description of what the footage shows.
All requests for traffic camera/CCTV footage need to be made within four days of an incident occurring. This is because the traffic camera/CCTV footage is only retained for seven days on our systems.
To request the information you will need to provide the following information:
- the exact date and time of the incident
- the exact location of the incident using the UK Grid Reference Finder website
- the direction of travel (for example, northbound, clockwise)
- your vehicle details (make, model, colour, vehicle registration number)
- the other vehicle(s) involved (any details or description you may have);
- the nature of the incident
- any incident/reference numbers if you were issued one (for example, by the police).
When requesting footage, please consider the following:
- cameras are installed to view the overall traffic conditions and not individual vehicles
- there is limited likelihood of a camera pointing in the right direction at the right time
- the level of zoom affects whether registration details are visible.