Adult and Community Learning offers free Functional Skills English courses for those seeking to develop confidence and improve their qualifications in English, up to Level 2. Level 2 is the equivalent of a GCSE.
English made easy!
We offer a range of English courses to help you:
- Develop your English skills, whatever your starting point
- Obtain or upgrade your qualifications
- Improve your job prospects or further your career
- Enhance your skills to better support your children with their English development and homework
- Gain a recognised English qualification when your first language is not English
- Fill gaps in your learning journey (for example, where you may have incomplete qualifications from your school or college career)
- Grow in confidence, while meeting others with the same goal
- Learn flexibly, at your own pace, knowing support is always at hand
Here’s what some learners have said about their experiences of attending our classes:
“I highly recommend this course to those who want to take further learning in English.”
“This has been an opportunity for me to understand the importance of learning.”
If you are interested in joining a course, please click the link below then use the 'Apply' button.
- Find out more about one learner’s personal story
- Find out more details and enrol.
- English progression pathway (PDF, 457 KB)
If you would like further information, please contact the Adult and Community Learning Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01926 736392.