Adult and Community Learning offers free Functional Skills Maths courses for those seeking to develop confidence and improve their qualifications in Maths, up to Level 2. Level 2 is the equivalent of a GCSE. We offer Maths GCSE courses, too – GCSE courses are sometimes free and sometimes have a fee.
Maths is for everyone!
We offer a range of Maths courses to help you:
- Develop your Maths skills and confidence, whatever your starting point
- Obtain or upgrade your qualifications
- Improve your job prospects or further your career
- Enhance your skills to better support your children with their Maths development and homework
- Gain a recognised Maths qualification
- Fill gaps in your learning journey (for example, where you may have incomplete qualifications from your school or college career)
- Understand Maths vocabulary, if your first language is not English
- Strengthen your skills for budgeting and money management
Here’s what some learners have said about their experiences of attending our classes:
“It really has been a game changer with the kids … I don’t mind now when they say ‘can you help me with maths?”
“Personally, I’ve received a lot of support from my tutor in a short period of time and I appreciated that. It is a new and interesting experience.”
“The tutor has been great I have gained confidence in maths. Instead of dreading doing a test I have actually enjoyed it.”
If you are interested in joining a course, please click the link below then use the 'Apply' button.
- Find out more about one learner’s personal story
- Find out more details and enrol .
- Maths progression pathway (PDF, 262 KB)
If you would like further information, please contact the Adult and Community Learning Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01926 736392.