Whitnash Library will be offering a limited number of services from 25 August.
Appointments must be pre-arranged, except for the return of loan items which can be returned during opening hours.
- Collection of books is by pre-arranged appointment only. Please do not visit a library without an appointment unless returning loan items.
- Quarantining and cleaning measures for returned books will be in place, before they are reused, to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19. Your returned items may not be removed from your account for up to 5 days.
- Protect yourself and others from coronavirus. In line with Government guidance you are required to wear a face covering when in the library. Please do not visit the library if you have any of the main symptoms of coronavirus.
Services available (from 25 August):
- Click & Collect Request books online. Collect by appointment only.
- Staff Select Order a selection of books. Collect by appointment only.
- Computer Access Book in advance. By appointment only.
- Return Loans Facility. Available during library opening hours.
During this time:
Other services are currently unavailable.
eLibrary - download eBooks & eAudiobooks, eMagazines, eNewspapers and eMusic for free.
- Opening hours
Day Opening hours Monday Closed Tuesday 10am to 3pm Wednesday Closed Thursday closed Friday 10am to 3pm Saturday 10am to 1pm Sunday closed
Library information for Whitnash is also available by telephone – 0300 555 8171.
Lines are open:
- Monday to Thursday 9am to 5pm
- Friday 9am to 4.30pm
All County Council managed libraries are closed on bank holidays and the preceding Sunday.
- What we offer
- books, talking books, large print
- newspapers and magazines
- Books on Prescription collection – mental health self-help books, eBooks and CDs.
- Micro:bits for loan – start coding with tiny programmable computers. For over eight year olds.
- computers with printing and scanning – printing is A4 black & white, and colour.
- photocopier – A4 black & white, and colour
- read and relax area
- meeting room
- public toilet
- baby changing facility
- UK Online Centre
- Concessionary travel passes
- Children’s and young adult groups and activities
- Rhyme Time – songs and rhymes for 0-2 year olds and parents and carers. Fridays 11:15 – 11:45.
- Story Stomp – fun session for 2-4 year olds and their parents and carers to follow on from Rhyme Time. Mondays 11:15 – 11:45.
- Chatterbooks – encouraging children aged 8 – 11 to take pleasure in reading. Book talk, fun games and crafts. Once every four weeks, Saturdays 11:00 – 12:00.
- Lego Club – creative themed sessions for children to build and create with Lego. Saturdays, 11:00 – 12:00.
- Crafternoon tea – Tuesdays, 14:30 – 16:00.
- Warwickshire Police public enquiry service
Call into the library where staff can put you in touch with the police to:
- report a crime or anti-social behaviour,
- report lost or found property etc,
- access the police website using the free to use public computers.
Please visit www.warwickshire.police.uk or call 01926 415 000 for online and telephone services.
- Disability access
Disabled access features – DisabledGo has a detailed access guide, showing a graphical summary of the venue’s accessibility using access icons and detailed information of the key features of the venue.
- Do it online
- Contact us