Wellesbourne Library is now offering a Grab & Go Service.
What is available:
- Browse and borrow books from our shelves, and self-issue (for up to 30 minutes).
- Request books online and collect in the library.
- Staff Select and collect in the library. We can supply book(s) that you like to read.
- Computer sessions bookable in advance online, by phone or ask inside (for up 45 minutes).
- Library Account enquiries & general enquiries including joining.
- Return books.
During this time:
- Please bring your library ticket to use the self service machines (we will help if you forget).
- We can only allow a limited number of people into the library at any one time. You may have to wait a short time before entering.
- You do not need an appointment but visits are limited to 30 minutes.
- All other services remain unavailable.
- Quarantining and cleaning measures for returned books will be in place, before they are reused, to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19. Your returned items may not be removed from your account for up to 5 days.
- Protect yourself and others from coronavirus. In line with Government guidance you are required to wear a face covering when in the library. Please do not visit the library if you have any of the main symptoms of coronavirus.
- Libraries are government designated venues where a system must be in place to request and record contact details of their customers, visitors, and staff to help break the chains of transmission of coronavirus. We will therefore collect your name and contact details, at Grab & Go libraries, to support NHS Test and Trace.
eLibrary - download eBooks & eAudiobooks, eMagazines, eNewspapers and eMusic for free.
- Opening hours
Day Opening hours Monday 9.30am to 12.30pm Tuesday Closed Wednesday 9.30am to 12.30pm and 1.30pm to 5pm Thursday Closed Friday 9.30am to 12.30pm and 1.30pm to 5pm Saturday 9.30am to 12.30pm Sunday Closed
Telephone 0300 555 8171 for Wellesbourne Library information. Lines are open:
- Monday to Thursday 9am to 5pm
- Friday 9am to 4.30pm
All County Council managed libraries are closed on bank holidays and the preceding Sunday.
- What we offer
- books, talking books, large print
- computers with printing – printing is A4 black & white, and colour.
- Books on Prescription collection – mental health self-help books, eBooks and CDs.
- Children’s and young adult groups and activities
- Rhyme Time – songs and rhymes for 0 to 2-year-olds and their parents/carers. Fridays, 10am to 10.30am.
- Story Stomp – storytelling for 2 to 4 years olds and their parents/carers. Wednesdays, 11am to 11.30am.
- Lego Club – first Wednesday of the month, 3.45pm to 4.45pm and every Saturday 11am to 12 noon. Creative-themed sessions for children to build and create with Lego. Drop-in session - no need to book.
- Other groups and activities
- Games group – scrabble, chess, draughts. Fridays, 14:00 – 16:00.
- Family History 121s – second and fourth Mondays of the month, 10:00 – 12:00.
- Silver Surfers – free computer and tablet help sessions for people aged 50 plus. First and third Mondays of the month, 10:00 – 12:00 and on the second and fourth Fridays of the month, 10:00 – 12:00. Book in advance – Contact us.
- Wellesbourne Library Book Club – new members welcome. Second Wednesday of the month, 11:00 – 12:00.
- Craft Club – bring your own projects, share ideas and find inspiration. Alternate Fridays, 14:00 – 16:00.
- Warwickshire Police public enquiry service
Call into the library where staff can put you in touch with the police to:
- report a crime or anti-social behaviour,
- report lost or found property etc,
- access the police website using the free to use public computers.
Please visit www.warwickshire.police.uk or call 01926 415 000 for online and telephone services.
- Disability access
Disabled access features – DisabledGo has a detailed access guide, showing a graphical summary of the venue’s accessibility using access icons and detailed information of the key features of the venue.
- Do it online
- Contact us