Southam Library is now offering a Grab & Go Service.
What is available:
- Browse and borrow books from our shelves, and self-issue (for up to 30 minutes).
- Request books online and collect in the library.
- Staff Select and collect in the library. We can supply book(s) that you like to read.
- Computer sessions bookable in advance online, by phone or ask inside (for up 45 minutes).
- Library Account enquiries & general enquiries including joining.
- Return books.
During this time:
- You do not need an appointment but visits are limited to 30 minutes.
- Please bring your library ticket to use the self service machines (we will help if you forget).
- We can only allow a limited number of people into the library at any one time. You may have to wait a short time before entering.
- All other services remain unavailable.
- Quarantining and cleaning measures for returned books will be in place, before they are reused, to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19. Your returned items may not be removed from your account for up to 5 days.
- Protect yourself and others from coronavirus. In line with Government guidance you are required to wear a face covering when in the library. Please do not visit the library if you have any of the main symptoms of coronavirus.
- Libraries are government designated venues where a system must be in place to request and record contact details of their customers, visitors, and staff to help break the chains of transmission of coronavirus. We will therefore collect your name and contact details, at Grab & Go libraries, to support NHS Test and Trace.
eLibrary - download eBooks & eAudiobooks, eMagazines, eNewspapers and eMusic for free.
- Opening hours
Day Opening hours Monday 9.30am to 5pm Tuesday 9.30am to 5pm Wednesday Closed Thursday 9.30am to 5pm Friday 9.30am to 5pm Saturday 9.30am to 12.30pm Sunday Closed
Telephone 0300 555 8171 Southam Library information. Lines are open:
- Monday to Thursday 9am to 5pm
- Friday 9am to 4.30pm
All County Council managed libraries are closed on bank holidays and the preceding Sunday.
- What we offer
- books, talking books, large print
- computers with printing – printing is A4 black & white, and colour
- magazines for loan
- newspapers and magazines to read in the library
- Books on Prescription collection – mental health self-help books, eBooks and CDs.
- Micro:bits for loan – start coding with tiny programmable computers. For over eight year olds.
- photocopier – A4 black & white, and colour
- local studies and family history service
- public toilet
- baby changing facility
- UK Online Centre
- Blue badge (disabled parking permit)
- Concessionary travel passes
- Children’s and young adult groups and activities
- Rhyme Time – songs and rhymes for 0-2 year olds and parents and carers. Tuesdays, 11:00 – 11:30 (term time only).
- Story Stomp – fun session for 2-4 year olds and their parents and carers to follow on from Rhyme Time. Fridays, 11:00 – 11:30 (term time only).
- Chatterbooks – encouraging children aged 8 – 11 to take pleasure in reading. Book talk, fun games and crafts. Third Tuesday of the month, 15:45 – 16:45.
- Code Club – free after school coding clubs for children aged 9-11. Mondays, 16:00 to 17:00.
- Lego Club – creative themed sessions for children to build and create with Lego. Tuesdays, 15:30 – 16:30. Drop in – no need to book.
- Other groups and activities
- Warwickshire Police public enquiry service
Call into the library where staff can put you in touch with the police to:
- report a crime or anti-social behaviour,
- report lost or found property etc,
- access the police website using the free to use public computers.
Please visit www.warwickshire.police.uk or call 01926 415 000 for online and telephone services.
- Stratford District Council enquiries
You can talk to a customer service advisor in Stratford-upon-Avon District Council, using a Customer Access Terminal. Each terminal is equipped with scanners and webcams. The scanner allows you to easily show documents to an advisor and the webcams allow you to interact face to face for a more personal service.
- Disability access
- accessible entrance
- public area on one level
- accessible toilet
- registered assistance dogs welcome
- facilities for visually impaired
- staff are trained to help
- information available
- Do it online
- Contact us