Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Generator

Keeping on track

If your needs are not being met

We may have a responsibility to become involved to help you. A review, or reassessment of your needs may need to take place. We may have to arrange services for a period of time or support you to enable you to carry on using direct payments.

If you are assisting with managing direct payments for someone please contact us and let us know about any changes.

The emergency plans you have in place do not work

You will have discussed a plan about what you will do if your personal assistant (PA) goes off sick, takes annual leave or doesn’t show up for work. Sometimes the contingency plans do not always work. We have a responsibility to assist you to meet your outcomes as identified in your support plan. If this happens, contact us.

Buying a service from an agency

Your Social Care Team at Warwickshire County Council can advise you on how to buy support from agencies and further information on using agencies can be found online. If something happens and you are not happy with the service from the agency, you need to contact them to discuss your concerns as you are their customer. You can also contact Warwickshire County Council and discuss your concerns.

Employing Personal Assistants

If you employ a Personal Assistant, you will become their employer. As an employer you must follow employment legislation. The council has a contract with Penderels Trust who will support you in all areas of employment.

If your PA threatens to take you to an industrial tribunal

If this happens please contact your current recruitment and support organisation immediately and ourselves who can support you with this situation.

If you get into any difficulty

Mistakes sometimes happen when people are using Direct Payments. Please contact your Social Care Team who will advise and support you with this.

Update cookies preferences