Support with direct payments
We have a contract with an organisation that provides free support to enable you to manage your direct payment and we strongly recommend that you use this service:
- Penderels Trust (employment support) telephone: 024 7693 7370
Peer support enables people to draw on their own experiences and offers great opportunities to meet with other people who have or want to find out more about direct payments.
We would like to host online peer support groups as well as face to face groups when the current situation allows us to.
If you would like to talk to us about peer support groups or require more information please contact us on 01926 413908, or email:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you know we have a Direct payments in Warwickshire facebook group? This is a closed, secure space, which is monitored by the Independent Living team. You can ask questions from others and find out the latest information regarding any changes to your Direct Payments.
We will be facilitating informative workshops across Warwickshire to equip people with the skills and knowledge to manage their direct payment successfully.
You can also meet other new direct payments recipients, members of our team, and ask any questions you have.
What will the workshop cover?
- the customer journey – getting it right at the beginning, what works well and what can be improved
- monitoring and contribution – what monitoring are looking for, how to complete monitoring, best practice for keeping good records. What is a contribution and how to pay it.
- personal assistant (PA) good practice from Penderels – what you can do as an employer to minimise problems and improve employee’s performance
- what to look for in an agency
- an overview of what PA training is on offer by Skills for Care
- other ways of using your direct payment
- training available
Using direct payments to come along to workshops
As we highly recommend you come to a workshop, you can consider using some of your direct payment to cover the cost of attending.
You may also be able to secure additional funding for training from Skills for Care.
If you can’t attend a workshop
If you are unable to attend any of these workshops, we are happy to arrange something to suit you. We can also provide support over the phone or via email.