Library services are open. We look forward to seeing you. When you visit we ask you to:
- sanitise your hands
- choose to wear a mask
- respect the space of others
- Opening hours
Day Opening hours Monday 9.30am to 12.30pm Tuesday 9.30am to 12.30pm and 1.30pm to 5.30pm Wednesday Closed Thursday 9.30am to 12.30pm and 1.30pm to 5.30pm Friday Closed Saturday 9.30am to 12.30pm Sunday Closed
Telephone 0300 555 8171 for Shipston-on-Stour Library information (depending on your call package, charges may apply). Lines are open:
- Monday to Thursday 9am to 5pm
- Friday 9am to 4.30pm
All County Council managed libraries are closed on bank holidays.
12 Church Street
- What we offer
- books, talking books, large print - browse and borrow books from our shelves
- request books online and collect in the library
- staff select and collect in the library. We can supply book(s) that you like to read
- library account enquiries & general enquiries including joining
- computers with printing – printing is A4 black & white and colour. Bookable in advance online, by phone or ask inside
- scanning - instructions are available but staff support is limited. Book the Scanner PC to use this service
- photocopier – A4 black & white and colour
- self service machines to issue, return & renew
- Reading Well collection – mental health self-help books, eBooks and CDs
- local studies and family history
- Micro:bits for loan – start coding with tiny programmable computers. For over eight year olds
- concessionary travel passes - applications and renewals by appointment only. Please contact the library to make a booking
- read and relax area
- study space
- member of Online Centres Network (OCN)
- Children’s and young adult groups and activities
Events and activities for pre-school and school aged children. Book in advance at Eventbrite - places are limited.
- Lego Club – imaginative, creative Lego sessions for primary school aged children
- Rhyme Time – songs and rhymes for 0-2 year olds and parents and carers
- Story Stomp – fun session for 2-4 year olds and their parents and carers to follow on from Rhyme Time.
- Chatterbooks – encouraging children aged 8 – 11 to take pleasure in reading. Book talk, fun games and crafts. Monthly on a Saturday, 10:30 – 12:00. Contact us for more details
- Other groups and activities
- Scrabble club - every Thursday 2pm. No booking required.
- Disability access
Disabled access features – DisabledGo has a detailed access guide, showing a graphical summary of the venue’s accessibility using access icons and detailed information of the key features of the venue.
- Do it online
- Contact us