Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Generator

We help people to live in their own homes more easily by providing a range of equipment. The equipment can range from a simple walking stick to a more complex item like a mobile hoist.

To receive this service you must be assessed and eligible for social care support.

Buying your own equipment

If you do purchase your own equipment you will be responsible for any repairs or any servicing needed.

  • Living made easy – Impartial advice and information about daily living equipment, developed by the Disabled Living Foundation (DLF)
  • Equipment suppliers – SearchOut Warwickshire - list of local suppliers

Using direct payment to buy equipment

If your assessment shows you need the piece of equipment you can use your direct payment to purchase it rather than borrow it from us.

This will mean that you will own the equipment and are therefore responsible for repairs or any servicing needed.

A direct payment is not a substitute for a Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG). DFG’s are used to make changes to your home, such as installing ramps.

What equipment is available to me?

We provide a range of equipment but first, you will need to arrange for an assessment. The assessor has to ensure that you need a piece of equipment before they can issue it.

We will loan you the equipment, free of charge.

We can also help with assistive technology such as sensors, monitors and alarms.

The service currently does not provide:

  • wheelchair services
  • sensory equipment
  • communication equipment

Sensory equipment

For equipment relating to the loss of hearing, please contact:

Physical Disability and Sensory Services team (PDSS)
Kings House
4 Floor
Kings Street
CV12 8LL

Telephone: 01926 413045

Textphone: 01926 413015


For services and equipment relating to visual impairment please contact:

Warwickshire Vision Support
5 Charles Court
Budbrooke Road
CV34 5LZTelephone: 01926 411331



What happens next?

We will make an appointment with you to deliver and install the equipment. You will be given a demonstration on how to use the equipment safely, either by a health and social care professional or an equipment technician.

How long do I keep the equipment?

You keep the equipment for as long as you need it – we will contact you to see if you are still using the equipment at regular intervals.

If your needs change you can ask for a re-assessment, which may mean your equipment is exchanged for something more suited to your needs.

How do I return or repair my equipment?

You are expected to regularly check, clean and keep equipment in good working order. If the equipment breaks or becomes faulty do not use it.

To return equipment or arrange for it to be repaired contact our supplier Millbrook Healthcare on 0333 321 8986

If equipment provided to you by health or social care requires regular planned maintenance; Millbrook Healthcare will contact you to arrange a maintenance appointment.

Can I assess myself?

We are working with an organisation called Ask SARA to provide an online, risk-free assessment service. This can help you find out what equipment is available to you.

There are lots of items of equipment that could help you, for all parts of your home including:

  • grab rails
  • raised toilet seats
  • bath boards
  • tap turners

Other services

Find more equipment services and help

Update cookies preferences