We offer a range of services from our countywide Physical Disability and Sensory Services to help meet the needs of deaf and hard of hearing adults who have additional needs, as well as their families and carers. These include:
- social workers being available to help and advice on a wide range of personal and practical problems
- accessing, providing and installing equipment to support deaf and hard of hearing adults in their own home
- monitoring services provided by ourselves to deaf and hard of hearing adults and carers
- providing information about local, regional and national resources for deaf and hard of hearing adults
- liaison with other agencies
Where individuals are not eligible for a service funded by us, they will be offered advice and information about possible alternative sources of assistance.
From 1 October 2017, we can commission BID Services to support British Sign Language (BSL) users accessing our services.
This includes using:
- BSL interpreters
- deafblind interpreters
- manual note takers
- electronic notetakers
- a speech to text reporter
- deaf translators
For interpretation support to access a service, please let us know so we can make arrangements for this to be provided where appropriate.