There are a range of services to help you if you are a Deaf or hard of hearing adult. This extends to those who have additional needs as well as families and carers. The services include:
- social workers being available to help and advice on a wide range of personal and practical problems
- accessing, providing and installing equipment to support you
- monitoring services we provid to deaf and hard of hearing adults and carers
- providing information about local, regional and national resources
- liaison with other agencies
You will be offered advice and information about possible alternative sources of assistance if you are are not eligible for a service that we fund.
From 1 October 2017, we can commission BID Services to support British Sign Language (BSL) users accessing our services.
This includes using:
- BSL interpreters
- deafblind interpreters
- manual note takers
- electronic note takers
- a speech to text reporter
- Deaf translators
For interpretation support to access a service, please let us know so we can make arrangements for this to be provided where appropriate.