These terms and conditions apply to everyone issued with a valid concessionary travel pass by Warwickshire County Council. These terms and conditions apply to everyone issued with a valid concessionary travel pass by Warwickshire County Council. Last revised date : July 2023. Valid until : 31 March 2024.
- The Warwickshire Concessionary Travel Pass ('the pass') is part of the English National Travel Concessionary Scheme. It can be used for free travel on local buses anywhere within England:
- between 9.30am and 11pm on Monday – Friday
- all day at weekends and on public holidays
- Warwickshire Older Person’s Pass holders (passes with a blue stripe, issued to passholders over state retirement age) can also use their pass for free travel on local buses:
- for journeys starting in Warwickshire on Monday – Friday from 9am
- for journeys starting in Warwickshire on Monday – Friday until midnight.
- Warwickshire Disabled Person’s Pass holders (passes with an orange stripe, issued to customers with qualifying disabilities who are below state retirement age) can also use their pass for free travel on local buses:
- until 31 July 2023: for journeys starting in Warwickshire on Monday – Friday from 9am until midnight
- from 1 August 2023: at any time for journeys starting in Warwickshire
- The pass is not valid in Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands.
- The pass is only valid whilst the passholder lives in Warwickshire. A passholder moving out of the area must tell Warwickshire County Council and apply for a pass in the area where they now live.
- The pass can only be used by the passholder whose name and photograph appear on the pass. It cannot be used by anyone else. Fraudulent use will result in prosecution.
- The pass is not valid if out of date, illegible, damaged or altered or if a replacement pass has been ordered e.g. if it has been reported Lost.
- If the pass is lost or damaged, a charge will be made for a replacement. A maximum of three replacements will be issued in each 12 month period. Further replacements are at the discretion of the Concessionary Travel Manager.
- If you order a pass and it does not arrive, you must notify us within six weeks of that request, otherwise any replacement will be treated as a Lost pass and a charge will be payable.
- The pass must be shown whenever requested by an inspector or driver.
- The pass should be returned to Warwickshire County Council if the passholder is no longer entitled to and/or able to make use of the concession.
- A bus pass holder will be carried as per the conditions of carriage of the bus company on whose services they are travelling. A bus company can refuse travel if the passholder breaches those conditions.
- The pass does not give any rights other than those enjoyed by any fare-paying passenger, nor does it entitle a passholder to be carried in preference to any other passengers.
- Warwickshire County Council can accept no liability for the failure of any bus service to operate or of any bus operator to accept a concessionary pass.
- The pass remains the property of Warwickshire County Council and may be withdrawn by an operator or by Warwickshire County Council if misused.
- The pass is for the purpose of bus travel only. The identity of the passholder cannot be guaranteed. The pass is not a formal Photo ID.
Warwickshire County Council reserves the right to make amendments to these terms and conditions at any time and will consult users as required.
There is no delivery charge for a new application or a renewal. Delivery is included in the amount you pay for a replacement pass.
Your pass will be posted to the residential address associated with your pass directly from our card supplier unless you have made arrangements to collect it from one of our offices. Passes are posted via Royal Mail and so you must allow up to two weeks for delivery from the date the pass was posted.
Where a payment has been made to replace a pass, refunds will only be offered in the following circumstances:
- where WCC has failed to send out the replacement bus pass within two weeks (providing WCC is not awaiting further information from the customer e.g. a new photo), or
- where WCC has made an error in charging for a replacement pass.
In all other circumstances, the payment is non-refundable, even if you later find your lost pass. This is because:
- a new pass is ordered electronically as soon as the request has been made, and
- when you order a replacement pass, your old pass is cancelled and will no longer work on the electronic ticket machines.