Shipston Library is now offering a limited number of services.
Click & Collect Request books online, by phone or email.
Staff Select Order a selection of books by phone or email.
Computer Access Book in advance online, phone or by email.
Return Loans Facility. Available during library opening hours.
Collect your orders and requests from the library once you have received a notification that your items are ready for collection. You do not need an appointment but may have to queue.
Email: [email protected].
During this time
Browsing in the library and other services are unavailable.
- Quarantining and cleaning measures for returned books will be in place, before they are reused, to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19. Your returned items may not be removed from your account for up to 5 days.
- Protect yourself and others from coronavirus. In line with Government guidance you are required to wear a face covering when in the library. Please do not visit the library if you have any of the main symptoms of coronavirus.
- Libraries are government designated venues where a system must be in place to request and record contact details of their customers, visitors, and staff to help break the chains of transmission of coronavirus. We will therefore collect your name and contact details, at Grab & Go libraries, to support NHS Test and Trace.
eLibrary - download eBooks & eAudiobooks, eMagazines, eNewspapers and eMusic for free.
- Opening hours
Day Opening hours Monday 9.30am to 12.30pm Tuesday 9.30am to 12.30pm and 1.30pm to 5pm Wednesday Closed Thursday 9.30am to 12.30pm and 1.30pm to 5pm Friday Closed Saturday 9.30am to 12.30pm Sunday Closed
Telephone 0300 555 8171 for Shipston-on-Stour Library information (depending on your call package, charges may apply). Lines are open:
- Monday to Thursday 9am to 5pm
- Friday 9am to 4.30pm
All County Council managed libraries are closed on bank holidays.
12 Church Street
- What we offer
- books, talking books, large print
- computers with printing – printing is A4 black & white, and colour.
- Books on Prescription collection – mental health self-help books, eBooks and CDs.
- Micro:bits for loan – start coding with tiny programmable computers. For over eight year olds.
- photocopier – A4 black & white, and colour
- local studies and family history service
- read and relax area
- study space
- UK Online Centre
- Blue badge (disabled parking permit)
- Concessionary travel passes
- Children’s and young adult groups and activities
- Rhyme Time – songs and rhymes for 0-2 year olds and parents and carers. Tuesdays, 10:45 – 11:15.
- Story Stomp – fun session for 2-4 year olds and their parents and carers to follow on from Rhyme Time. Thursdays, 11:30 – 12:00.
- Chatterbooks – encouraging children aged 8 – 11 to take pleasure in reading. Book talk, fun games and crafts. Monthly on a Saturday, 10:30 – 12:00. Contact us for more details.
- Lego Club – imaginative, creative Lego sessions for primary school aged children. Fortnightly, the second and fourth Tuesdays 15:30 – 16:30. Drop in – no need to book.
- Other groups and activities
- Silver Surfers – free computer and tablet help sessions for people aged 50 plus. Tuesdays from 2pm to 4pm. Please book in advance – contact us.
- Shipston Library Reading Group – for adults. Monthly on a Thursday, 10.30am to 12 noon. Contact us for more details.
- Thursday Club – a drop-in craft and board game session for adults. Thursdays from 2pm to 4pm.
- Family History Help Sessions– Alternate Mondays, 10.30am to 12.30pm. Please book in advance – contact us
- Warwickshire Police public enquiry service
Call into the library where staff can put you in touch with the police to:
- report a crime or anti-social behaviour,
- report lost or found property etc,
- access the police website using the free to use public computers.
Please visit www.warwickshire.police.uk or call 01926 415 000 for online and telephone services.
- Disability access
Disabled access features – DisabledGo has a detailed access guide, showing a graphical summary of the venue’s accessibility using access icons and detailed information of the key features of the venue.
- Do it online
- Contact us