Polesworth Library will be offering a limited number of services from 13th August.
Appointments must be pre-arranged, except for the return of loan items which can be returned during opening hours.
- Collection of books is by pre-arranged appointment only. Please do not visit a library without an appointment unless returning loan items.
- Quarantining and cleaning measures for returned books will be in place, before they are reused, to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19. Your returned items may not be removed from your account for up to 5 days.
- Protect yourself and others from coronavirus. In line with Government guidance you are required to wear a face covering when in the library. Please do not visit the library if you have any of the main symptoms of coronavirus.
Services available (from 13 August):
- Click & Collect Request books online. Collect by appointment only.
- Staff Select Order a selection of books. Collect by appointment only.
- Computer Access Book in advance. By appointment only.
- Return Loans Facility. Available during library opening hours.
During this time:
The collections point for Click & Collect is at the main door.
Access for computer bookings is at the rear of the library.
A Returns bin will also be placed outside the rear of the library.
Other services are currently unavailable.
eLibrary - download eBooks & eAudiobooks, eMagazines, eNewspapers and eMusic for free.
- Opening hours
Day Opening hours Monday Closed Tuesday 10am to 4pm Wednesday Closed Thursday 10am to 4pm Friday 10am to 4pm Saturday 10sm to 1pm Sunday Closed
Telephone 0300 555 8171 for Polesworth Library information. Lines are open:
- Monday to Thursday 9am to 5pm
- Friday 9am to 4.30pm
All County Council managed libraries are closed on bank holidays and the preceding Sunday.
- What we offer
- books, talking books, large print
- newspapers and magazines
- Books on Prescription collection – mental health self-help books, eBooks and CDs.
- Micro:bits for loan – start coding with tiny programmable computers. For over eight year olds.
- computers with printing and scanning – printing is A4 black & white, and colour.
- photocopier – A4 black & white, and colour
- UK Online Centre
- Concessionary travel passes
- Children’s and young adult groups and activities
- Rhyme Time – songs and rhymes for 0-2 year olds and parents and carers. Tuesdays, 11:00 – 11:30.
- Story Stomp – fun session with stories and rhymes for 2-4 year olds and their parents and carers to follow on from Rhyme Time. Thursdays, 10:00 – 10:30. Term time only.
- Lego Club – creative themed sessions for children to build and create with Lego. Saturdays, 10:00 – 12:30.
- Silver Surfers – free computer and tablet help sessions for people aged 50 plus. Thursdays, 10:00 – 12:00. Drop-in, no need to book.
- Book and a Brew – tea, coffee and a chat. Thursdays, 10:30 – 11:30.
- Other groups and activities
- Nuneaton and North Warwickshire Family History Society - Drop in help and advice sessions. This will run on the fourth friday of each month between 10:30am and 12:30pm. First session will begin 27 March 2020.
- Warwickshire Police public enquiry service
Call into the library where staff can put you in touch with the police to:
- report a crime or anti-social behaviour
- report lost or found property
- access the police website using the free to use public computers
Please visit www.warwickshire.police.uk or call 01926 415 000 for online and telephone services.
- Safe Place
Polesworth Library is a Safe Place where you can go to get help if you feel unsafe or at risk when you are out and about.
We will help you contact your support worker, family member, carer or the police. You will know it’s a Safe Place as it will have a sticker in the window.
For more information visit the Safe Places page.
- Disability access
Disabled access features – DisabledGo has a detailed access guide, showing a graphical summary of the venue’s accessibility using access icons and detailed information of the key features of the venue.
- Do it online
- Contact us