All Warwickshire libraries are closed until further notice.
Our online services are still available - download eBooks & eAudiobooks, eMagazines, eNewspapers and eMusic for free.
- Opening hours
Day Opening hours Monday 9.30am to 4pm Tuesday 9.30am to 5pm Wednesday 9.30am to 5pm Thursday 9.30am to 1pm Friday 9.30am to 4pm Saturday 9.30am to 1pm Sunday Closed
Telephone 0300 555 8171 for Atherstone Library information. Lines are open:
- Monday to Friday - 8am to 6.30pm
All County Council managed libraries are closed on bank holidays and the preceding Sunday.
- What we offer
- books, talking books, large print
- newspapers and magazines
- Books on Prescription collection – mental health self-help books, eBooks and CDs.
- Sorted! book collection – help for children, young people and parents with common problems and situations.
- Micro:bits for loan – start coding with tiny programmable computers. For over 8-year-olds.
- computers with printing and scanning – printing is A4 black and white, and colour.
- photocopier – A3/A4 black and white
- local studies and family history service
- UK Online Centre
- Concessionary travel passes
- Children’s and young adult groups and activities
- Rhyme Time: Babies from birth – songs and rhymes for new-born and young babies with their parents and carers. Ideal for babies not yet moving around. Fridays, 10am to 10.30am.
- Rhyme Time – songs and rhymes for 0to 2-year-olds, and parents and carers. Tuesdays, 10am to 10.30am and 11am to 11.30am.
- Story Stomp – fun session for 2 to 4-year-olds and their parents and carers to follow on from Rhyme Time. Wednesdays, 10am to 10.30am.
- Lego Club – imaginative, creative Lego sessions for children. Saturdays, 11am to 12 noon.
- Other groups and activities
- Silver Surfers – free computer and tablet help sessions for people aged 50 plus. Mondays, 10am to 12 noon.
- Board Games – come along for a fun morning of board games. Thursdays, 10am to 12 noon.
- Wednesday Club Afternoon Coffee – a different topic and guest speaker. One Wednesday a month, 1.30pm to 3pm.
- Family History Surgery – with the Nuneaton and North Warwickshire Family History Society. Every third Wednesday of the month, 2pm to 4pm.
- Safe Place
Atherstone Library is a Safe Place where you can go to get help if you feel unsafe or at risk when you are out and about.
We will help you contact your support worker, family member, carer or the police. You will know it’s a Safe Place as it will have a sticker in the window.
For more information visit the Safe Places page.
- Disability access
Disabled access features – DisabledGo has a detailed access guide, showing a graphical summary of the venue’s accessibility using access icons and detailed information of the key features of the venue.
- Do it online
- Contact us