Alcester Library is offering a limited number of services.
Click & Collect Request books online, by phone or email.
Staff Select Order a selection of books by phone or email.
Computer Access Book in advance online, by phone or email.
Return Loans Facility. Available during library opening hours.
Collect your orders and requests from the library once you have received a notification that your items are ready for collection. You do not need an appointment but may have to queue.
During this time
Browsing in the library and other services are unavailable.
- Quarantining and cleaning measures for returned books will be in place, before they are reused, to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19. Your returned items may not be removed from your account for up to 5 days.
- Protect yourself and others from coronavirus. In line with Government guidance you are required to wear a face covering when in the library. Please do not visit the library if you have any of the main symptoms of coronavirus.
- Libraries are government designated venues where a system must be in place to request and record contact details of their customers, visitors, and staff to help break the chains of transmission of coronavirus. We will therefore collect your name and contact details, at Grab & Go libraries, to support NHS Test and Trace.
eLibrary - download eBooks & eAudiobooks, eMagazines, eNewspapers and eMusic for free.
- Opening hours
Day Opening hours Monday 9.30am to 5.00pm Tuesday Closed Wednesday 9.30am to 5.00pm Thursday 9.30am to 5.00pm Friday 9.30am to 5.00pm Saturday 10am to 1pm Sunday Closed
Telephone 0300 555 8171 for Alcester Library information. Lines are open:
- Monday to Thursday 9am to 5pm
- Friday 9am to 4.30pm
All County Council managed libraries are closed on bank holidays and the preceding Sunday.
- What we offer
- books, talking books, large print
- computers with printing – printing is A4 black & white, and colour.
- Books on Prescription collection – mental health self-help books, eBooks and CDs
- Children’s and young adult groups and activities
- Lego Club – last Friday of the month 4pm to 5pm. Creative themed sessions for children to build and create with lego. Term time only.
- Storystomp – Fridays 10.30am to 11am. A fun session for 2 to 4-year-olds and their parents and carers to follow on from Rhyme Time.
- Chatterbooks – book talk, fun games and crafts for 8 to 11-year-olds. Every second Friday of the month, 4pm to 5pm. Term time only.
- Rhyme Time – songs and rhymes for 0 to 2-year-olds, and parents and carers. Wednesdays 10.30am to 11am.
- Other groups and activities
- Silver Surfers – free computer and tablet help sessions for people aged 50 plus. Thursdays 10:00 – 12:00. Drop-in, no need to book.
- Crafternoon Tea. Fridays, 13:30 – 15:00.
- Betty's Crib Club, Mondays 10.00 – 12.00
- Warwickshire Police public enquiry service
Call into the library where staff can put you in touch with the police to:
- report a crime or anti-social behaviour
- report lost or found property
- access the police website using the free to use public computers
Please visit www.warwickshire.police.uk or call 01926 415 000 for online and telephone services.
- Stratford District Council enquiries
You can talk to a customer service advisor in Stratford-upon-Avon District Council, using a Customer Access Terminal. Each terminal is equipped with scanners and webcams. The scanner allows you to easily show documents to an advisor and the webcams allow you to interact face to face for a more personal service.
- Disability access
- accessible entrance
- public area on one level
- accessible toilet
- accessible parking
- access to low vision
- registered assistance dogs welcome
- facilities for visually impaired
- staff are trained to help
- information available
- Do it online
- Contact us