Alcester Library is now offering a limited number of services.
- Quarantining and cleaning measures for returned books will be in place, before they are reused, to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19. Your returned items may not be removed from your account for up to 5 days.
- Protect yourself and others from coronavirus. In line with Government guidance you are required to wear a face covering when in the library. Please do not visit the library if you have any of the main symptoms of coronavirus.
- Click & Collect Request books online and collect from the library entrance, during library opening hours.
- Staff Select Order a selection of books and collect from the library entrance, during library opening hours.
- Computer Access Book in advance. By appointment only.
- Return Loans Facility. Available during library opening hours.
During this time:
The collection point for Click & Collect is at the main entrance.
Access for computer bookings is through the main entrance and bear right.
A Returns bin will be placed in the main entrance.
Other services are currently unavailable
eLibrary - download eBooks & eAudiobooks, eMagazines, eNewspapers and eMusic for free.
- Opening hours
Day Opening hours Monday 10am to 3pm Tuesday Closed Wednesday 10am to 3pm Thursday 10am to 3pm Friday 10am to 3pm Saturday 10am to 1pm Sunday Closed
Telephone 0300 555 8171 for Alcester Library information. Lines are open:
- Monday to Thursday 9am to 5pm
- Friday 9am to 4.30pm
All County Council managed libraries are closed on bank holidays and the preceding Sunday.
- What we offer
- computers with printing – printing is A4 black & white, and colour.
- books, talking books, large print
- Books on Prescription collection – mental health self-help books, eBooks and CDs
- Micro:bits for loan – start coding with tiny programmable computers. For over eight year olds.
- photocopier – A3/A4 black and white
- read and relax area
- meeting room
- UK Online Centre
- public toilet
- Blue badge (disabled parking permit)
- Concessionary travel passes
- Children’s and young adult groups and activities
- Lego Club – last Friday of the month 4pm to 5pm. Creative themed sessions for children to build and create with lego. Term time only.
- Storystomp – Fridays 10.30am to 11am. A fun session for 2 to 4-year-olds and their parents and carers to follow on from Rhyme Time.
- Chatterbooks – book talk, fun games and crafts for 8 to 11-year-olds. Every second Friday of the month, 4pm to 5pm. Term time only.
- Rhyme Time – songs and rhymes for 0 to 2-year-olds, and parents and carers. Wednesdays 10.30am to 11am.
- Other groups and activities
- Silver Surfers – free computer and tablet help sessions for people aged 50 plus. Thursdays 10:00 – 12:00. Drop-in, no need to book.
- Crafternoon Tea. Fridays, 13:30 – 15:00.
- Betty's Crib Club, Mondays 10.00 – 12.00
- Warwickshire Police public enquiry service
Call into the library where staff can put you in touch with the police to:
- report a crime or anti-social behaviour
- report lost or found property
- access the police website using the free to use public computers
Please visit www.warwickshire.police.uk or call 01926 415 000 for online and telephone services.
- Stratford District Council enquiries
You can talk to a customer service advisor in Stratford-upon-Avon District Council, using a Customer Access Terminal. Each terminal is equipped with scanners and webcams. The scanner allows you to easily show documents to an advisor and the webcams allow you to interact face to face for a more personal service.
- Disability access
- accessible entrance
- public area on one level
- accessible toilet
- accessible parking
- access to low vision
- registered assistance dogs welcome
- facilities for visually impaired
- staff are trained to help
- information available
- Do it online
- Contact us