Southam Library is now offering a limited number of services.
- Quarantining and cleaning measures for returned books will be in place, before they are reused, to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19. Your returned items may not be removed from your account for up to 5 days.
- Protect yourself and others from coronavirus. In line with Government guidance you are required to wear a face covering when in the library. Please do not visit the library if you have any of the main symptoms of coronavirus.
- Click & Collect Request books online and collect from the library entrance, during library opening hours.
- Staff Select Order a selection of books and collect from the library entrance, during library opening hours.
- Computer Access Book in advance. By appointment only.
- Return Loans Facility. Available during library opening hours.
During this time:
Other services are currently unavailable
eLibrary - download eBooks & eAudiobooks, eMagazines, eNewspapers and eMusic for free.
- Opening hours
Day Opening hours Monday 10am to 3pm Tuesday 10am to 3pm Wednesday Closed Thursday 10am to 3pm Friday 10am to 3pm Saturday 10am to 1pm Sunday Closed
Telephone 0300 555 8171 Southam Library information. Lines are open:
- Monday to Thursday 9am to 5pm
- Friday 9am to 4.30pm
All County Council managed libraries are closed on bank holidays and the preceding Sunday.
- What we offer
computers with printing – printing is A4 black & white, and colour.
- books, talking books, large print
- newspapers and magazines
- Books on Prescription collection – mental health self-help books, eBooks and CDs.
- Micro:bits for loan – start coding with tiny programmable computers. For over eight year olds.
- photocopier – A4 black & white, and colour
- local studies and family history service
- public toilet
- baby changing facility
- UK Online Centre
- Blue badge (disabled parking permit)
- Concessionary travel passes
- Children’s and young adult groups and activities
- Rhyme Time – songs and rhymes for 0-2 year olds and parents and carers. Tuesdays, 11:00 – 11:30 (term time only).
- Story Stomp – fun session for 2-4 year olds and their parents and carers to follow on from Rhyme Time. Fridays, 11:00 – 11:30 (term time only).
- Chatterbooks – encouraging children aged 8 – 11 to take pleasure in reading. Book talk, fun games and crafts. Third Tuesday of the month, 15:45 – 16:45.
- Code Club – free after school coding clubs for children aged 9-11. Mondays, 16:00 to 17:00.
- Lego Club – creative themed sessions for children to build and create with Lego. Tuesdays, 15:30 – 16:30. Drop in – no need to book.
- Other groups and activities
- Warwickshire Police public enquiry service
Call into the library where staff can put you in touch with the police to:
- report a crime or anti-social behaviour,
- report lost or found property etc,
- access the police website using the free to use public computers.
Please visit www.warwickshire.police.uk or call 01926 415 000 for online and telephone services.
- Stratford District Council enquiries
You can talk to a customer service advisor in Stratford-upon-Avon District Council, using a Customer Access Terminal. Each terminal is equipped with scanners and webcams. The scanner allows you to easily show documents to an advisor and the webcams allow you to interact face to face for a more personal service.
- Disability access
- accessible entrance
- public area on one level
- accessible toilet
- registered assistance dogs welcome
- facilities for visually impaired
- staff are trained to help
- information available
- Do it online
- Contact us