All Warwickshire libraries are closed until further notice.
Our online services are still available - download eBooks & eAudiobooks, eMagazines, eNewspapers and eMusic for free.
- Opening hours
Day Opening hours Monday 9am to 5pm Tuesday 9am to 5pm Wednesday 9am to 5pm Thursday 9am to 5pm Friday 9am to 5pm Saturday 10am to 3pm Sunday Closed
Telephone 0300 555 8171 for Stratford-upon-Avon Library information. Phone lines are open:
- Monday to Friday - 8am to 6.30pm
All County Council managed libraries are closed on bank holidays and the preceding Sunday.
12 Henley Street
- What we offer
- books, talking books, large print
- newspapers and magazines
- Books on Prescription collection – mental health self-help books, eBooks and CDs.
- Sorted! book collection – help for children, young people and parents with common problems and situations.
- Micro:bits for loan – start coding with tiny programmable computers. For over eight year olds.
- computers with printing and scanning – printing is A4 black & white, and colour.
- photocopier – A3/A4 black & white, colour
- local studies and family history service
- UK Online Centre
- Concessionary travel passes
- Children’s and young adult groups and activities
- Rhyme Time: Babies from birth – songs and rhymes for new-born and young babies with their parents and carers. Ideal for babies not yet moving around. Wednesdays 11:00 – 11:30.
- Rhyme Time – songs and rhymes for 0-2 year olds and parents and carers. Tuesdays, 11:00 – 11.30.
- Story Stomp – fun session for 2-4 year olds and their parents and carers to follow on from Rhyme Time. Fridays, 11:00 – 11:30.
- Lego Club – imaginative, creative Lego sessions for primary school aged children. Saturdays, 11:00 – 12:00.
- Other groups and activities
- Craft Club – bring your own craft projects, share ideas and find inspiration. Thursdays 13:00 – 14:30.
- Family history help sessions – Tuesdays, 10:00 – 12:00.
- Shakespeare for All – join experts from the Shakespeare Birthplace Trust as they read through Shakespeare’s Complete Works. Turn up and read, or simply to sit back and listen. Free of charge but spaces are limited so places are available on a first come first served basis. www.shakespeare.org.uk for a full schedule of dates and works. First Saturday of the month, 11.00 – 13.30.
- Silver Surfers – free computer and tablet help sessions for people aged 50 plus. Mondays, 13:00 – 15:00 and Wednesdays, 10:30 – 12:30. Drop-in; no need to book.
- Stratford Family History Group. First Friday of the month, 10.30 – 12.00.
Stratford Library Reading Group. Second Thursday of the month, 15:00 – 16:00.
- Registration service
Register a birth or death
Appointments are available Monday-Friday 9am – 4pm. Please book in advance:
Notice of marriage
Appointments are available Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 9am – 4pm.
- Safe Place
Stratford Library is a Safe Place where you can go to get help if you feel unsafe or at risk when you are out and about.
We will help you contact your support worker, family member, carer or the police. You will know it’s a Safe Place as it will have a sticker in the window.
For more information visit the Safe Places page.
- Do it online
- Contact us