Stratford Library is now offering a Grab & Go Service.
What is available:
- Browse and borrow books from our shelves, and self-issue (for up to 30 minutes).
- Request books online and collect in the library.
- Choose books from our shelves and self-issue (for up to 30 minutes).
- Computer sessions bookable in advance online, by phone or ask inside (for up 45 minutes).
- Library Account enquiries & general enquiries including joining.
- Return Books (via a letterbox at the side of the building, during library opening hours only).
During this time:
- Grab and Go at Stratford Library will be restricted to the ground floor areas only; if you require an item from our loan collection on the first floor, please speak to a member of staff.
- Returns are via a letterbox at the side of the building, next to the public walkway. Available during library opening hours only.
- Please bring your library ticket to use the self service machines (we will help if you forget).
- We can only allow a limited number of people into the library at any one time. You may have to wait a short time before entering.
- You do not need an appointment but visits are limited to 30 minutes.
- All other services remain unavailable.
- Quarantining and cleaning measures for returned books will be in place, before they are reused, to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19. Your returned items may not be removed from your account for up to 5 days.
- Protect yourself and others from coronavirus. In line with Government guidance you are required to wear a face covering when in the library. Please do not visit the library if you have any of the main symptoms of coronavirus.
- Libraries are government designated venues where a system must be in place to request and record contact details of their customers, visitors, and staff to help break the chains of transmission of coronavirus. We will therefore collect your name and contact details, at Grab & Go libraries, to support NHS Test and Trace.
eLibrary - download eBooks & eAudiobooks, eMagazines, eNewspapers and eMusic for free.
- Opening hours
Day Opening hours Monday 9.30am to 5pm Tuesday 9.30am to 5pm Wednesday 9.30am to 5pm Thursday 9.30am to 5pm Friday 9.30am to 5pm Saturday 10am to 3pm Sunday Closed
Telephone 0300 555 8171 for Stratford-upon-Avon Library information. Phone lines are open:
- Monday to Thursday 9am to 5pm
- Friday 9am to 4.30pm
All County Council managed libraries are closed on bank holidays and the preceding Sunday.
12 Henley Street
- What we offer
- books, talking books, large print
- computers with printing – printing is A4 black & white, and colour.
- magazines for loan
- newspapers and magazines to read in the library
- Books on Prescription collection – mental health self-help books, eBooks and CDs.
- Sorted! book collection – help for children, young people and parents with common problems and situations.
- Micro:bits for loan – start coding with tiny programmable computers. For over eight year olds.
- photocopier – A3/A4 black & white, colour
- local studies and family history service
- UK Online Centre
- Concessionary travel passes
- Children’s and young adult groups and activities
- Rhyme Time: Babies from birth – songs and rhymes for new-born and young babies with their parents and carers. Ideal for babies not yet moving around. Wednesdays 11:00 – 11:30.
- Rhyme Time – songs and rhymes for 0-2 year olds and parents and carers. Tuesdays, 11:00 – 11.30.
- Story Stomp – fun session for 2-4 year olds and their parents and carers to follow on from Rhyme Time. Fridays, 11:00 – 11:30.
- Lego Club – imaginative, creative Lego sessions for primary school aged children. Saturdays, 11:00 – 12:00.
- Other groups and activities
- Craft Club – bring your own craft projects, share ideas and find inspiration. Thursdays 13:00 – 14:30.
- Family history help sessions – Tuesdays, 10:00 – 12:00.
- Shakespeare for All – join experts from the Shakespeare Birthplace Trust as they read through Shakespeare’s Complete Works. Turn up and read, or simply to sit back and listen. Free of charge but spaces are limited so places are available on a first come first served basis. www.shakespeare.org.uk for a full schedule of dates and works. First Saturday of the month, 11.00 – 13.30.
- Silver Surfers – free computer and tablet help sessions for people aged 50 plus. Mondays, 13:00 – 15:00 and Wednesdays, 10:30 – 12:30. Drop-in; no need to book.
- Stratford Family History Group. First Friday of the month, 10.30 – 12.00.
Stratford Library Reading Group. Second Thursday of the month, 15:00 – 16:00.
- Registration service
Births, deaths and notice of marriage by appointment only.
- Safe Place
Stratford Library is a Safe Place where you can go to get help if you feel unsafe or at risk when you are out and about.
We will help you contact your support worker, family member, carer or the police. You will know it’s a Safe Place as it will have a sticker in the window.
For more information visit the Safe Places page.
- Do it online
- Contact us