Bedworth Library is now offering a Grab & Go Service.
What is available:
- Browse and borrow books from our shelves, and self-issue (for up to 30 minutes).
- Request books online and collect in the library.
- Choose books from our shelves and self-issue (for up to 30 minutes).
- Computer sessions bookable in advance online, by phone or ask inside (for up 45 minutes).
- Library Account enquiries & general enquiries including joining.
- Return books.
- Please see other available services under What We Offer, on this page.
During this time:
- Please bring your library ticket to use the self service machines (we will help if you forget).
- You do not need an appointment but visits are limited to 30 minutes.
- All customers enter through the main entrance.
- We can only allow a limited number of people into the library at any one time. You may have to wait a short time before entering.
- A maximum of 4 people in the Children’s Library at any one time, though larger families may enter together.
- All other services remain unavailable.
- Quarantining and cleaning measures for returned books will be in place, before they are reused, to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19. Your returned items may not be removed from your account for up to 5 days.
- Protect yourself and others from coronavirus. In line with Government guidance you are required to wear a face covering when in the library. Please do not visit the library if you have any of the main symptoms of coronavirus.
- Libraries are government designated venues where a system must be in place to request and record contact details of their customers, visitors, and staff to help break the chains of transmission of coronavirus. We will therefore collect your name and contact details, at Grab & Go libraries, to support NHS Test and Trace.
eLibrary - download eBooks & eAudiobooks, eMagazines, eNewspapers and eMusic for free.
- Opening hours
Day Opening hours Monday 10am to 5pm Tuesday 10am to 5pm Wednesday 10am to 5pm Thursday Closed Friday 10am to 5pm Saturday 10am to 2.30pm Sunday Closed
Telephone 0300 555 8171 for Bedworth Library information. Lines are open:
- Monday to Thursday 9am to 5pm
- Friday 9am to 4.30pm
All County Council managed libraries are closed on bank holidays and the preceding Sunday.
18 High Street
- What we offer
- books, talking books, large print
- computers with printing – printing is A4 black & white, and colour.
- Asian reading material
- Books on Prescription collection – mental health self-help books, eBooks and CDs.
- Sorted! book collection – help for children, young people and parents with common problems and situations.
- spoken word playaways
Availability limited to on-shelf books:
- Children’s and young adult groups and activities
- Rhyme Time – songs and rhymes for 0 to 2-year-olds and parents and carers. Tuesdays, 11am to 11.30am.
- Story Stomp – fun session for 2 to 4-year-olds and their parents and carers to follow on from Rhyme Time. Tuesdays, 10am to 10.30am.
- Lego Club – creative themed sessions for children to build and create with Lego. Alternate Fridays, 3.30pm to 4.45pm. See Eventbrite for dates.
- Other groups and activities
- Silver Surfers – free computer and tablet help sessions for people aged 50 plus. Fridays, 12:00 – 14:00. Book in advance.
- Stitch Up needlework club – informal club for crochet, knitting and hand sewing. Chat, share ideas and bring a project to work on. Beginners to advance level welcome. Fridays, 13:00 – 15:00.
- Job Club
- Tea and Talks – Guest speakers and refreshments. First Wednesday of the month, 10:00-11:00.
- Safe Place
Bedworth Library is a Safe Place where you can go to get help if you feel unsafe or at risk when you are out and about.
We will help you contact your support worker, family member, carer or the police. You will know it’s a Safe Place as it will have a sticker in the window.
For more information visit the Safe Places page.
- Disability access
Disabled access features – DisabledGo has a detailed access guide, showing a graphical summary of the venue’s accessibility using access icons and detailed information of the key features of the venue.
- Do it online
- Contact us