|Monday||09.30 – 16.00|
|Tuesday||09.30 – 17.00|
|Wednesday||09.30 – 17.00|
|Thursday||09.30 – 13.00|
|Friday||09.30 – 16.00|
|Saturday||09.30 – 13.00|
Library information for Atherstone is also available by telephone – 0300 555 8171:
- Monday to Friday: 08.00 – 18.30
- Saturday: 09.00 – 13.00
What we offer
- books, talking books, large print
- children’s DVDs
- newspapers and magazines
- Books on Prescription collection – mental health self-help books, eBooks and CDs.
- Sorted! book collection – help for children, young people and parents with common problems and situations.
- Micro:bits for loan – start coding with tiny programmable computers. For over eight year olds.
- computers with printing and scanning – printing is A4 black & white, and colour.
- photocopier – A3/A4 black & white
- fax service
- local studies and family history service
- UK Visa service – digital support to complete your immigration application online. We do not provide immigration advice.
- UK Online Centre
Children’s and young adults groups and activities
- Rhyme Time: Babies from birth – songs and rhymes for new-born and young babies with their parents and carers. Ideal for babies not yet moving around. Fridays, 10:00 – 10:30.
- Rhyme Time – songs and rhymes for 0-2 year olds, and parents and carers. Tuesdays, 10:00 – 10:30 and 11:00 – 11:30.
- Story Stomp – fun session for 2-4 year olds and their parents and carers to follow on from Rhyme Time. Fridays, 10:30 – 11:00.
- Lego Club – imaginative, creative Lego sessions for children. Saturdays, 11:00 – 12:00.
Other groups and activities
- Silver Surfers – free computer and tablet help sessions for people aged 50 plus. Mondays, 10:00 – 12:00.
- Board Games – come along for a fun morning of board games. Thursdays, 10:00 – 12:00.
- Wednesday Club Afternoon Coffee – a different topic and guest speaker. One Wednesday a month, 13:30 – 15:00. See Eventbrite for schedule.
- Family History Surgery – with the Nuneaton and North Warwickshire Family History Society. Every third Wednesday of the month, 14:00 – 16:00.
Atherstone Library is a Safe Place where you can go to get help if you feel unsafe or at risk when you are out and about.
We will help you contact your support worker, family member, carer or the police. You will know it’s a Safe Place as it will have a sticker in the window.
For more information visit the Safe Places page.
Disabled access features – DisabledGo has a detailed access guide, showing a graphical summary of the venue’s accessibility using access icons and detailed information of the key features of the venue.