|Monday||09.30 – 17.30|
|Wednesday||09.30 – 17.30|
|Thursday||09.30 – 17.30|
|Friday||09.30 – 17.30|
|Saturday||10.00 – 16.00 (limited service 13.00-16.00)|
Library services for Alcester are also available by telephone – 0300 555 8171:
- Monday to Friday: 08.00 – 18.30
- Saturday: 09.00 – 13.00
What we offer
- books, talking books, large print
- feature and children’s DVDs
- Books on Prescription collection – mental health self-help books, eBooks and CDs
- Micro:bits for loan – start coding with tiny programmable computers. For over eight year olds.
- computers with printing and scanning – printing is A4 black & white, and colour.
- photocopier – A3/A4 black and white
- fax service
- UK Visa service – digital support to complete your immigration application online. We do not provide immigration advice.
- read and relax area
- meeting room
- UK Online Centre
- public toilet
Other council services
Children’s and young adults groups and activities
- Chatterbooks – Book talk, fun games and crafts for 8-11-year-olds. Every second Friday of the month, 16:00 – 17:00. Term time only.
- Rhyme Time – Songs and rhymes for 0-2 year olds and parents and carers. Wednesdays, 10:30 – 11:00.
- Lego Club – Lego Club is taking a break for the summer, returning on Tuesday 28 August. In the meantime there are lots of amazing Summer Reading Challenge activities taking place at Alcester and other libraries.
Other groups and activities
- Silver Surfers – free computer and tablet help sessions for people aged 50 plus. Thursdays 10:00 – 12:00. Drop-in, no need to book.
- Crafternoon Tea – Fridays, 13:30 – 15:00.
- Alcester Library Reading Group. Every second Thursday of the month 14:00 – 16:00.
- Betty’s Board Games. Mondays, 10:00 – 12:00.
Warwickshire Police public enquiry service
Call into the library where staff can put you in touch with the police to:
- report a crime or anti-social behaviour,
- report lost or found property etc,
- access the police website using the free to use public computers.
Please visit www.warwickshire.police.uk or call 01926 415 000 for online and telephone services.
Stratford District Council services
You can talk one to a customer service advisor in Stratford-upon-Avon, using a Customer Access Terminal. Each terminal is equipped with scanners and webcams. The scanner allows you to easily show documents to an advisor and the webcams allow you to interact face to face for a more personal service.
- accessible entrance
- public area on one level
- accessible toilet
- accessible parking
- access to low vision
- registered assistance dogs welcome
- facilities for visually impaired
- staff are trained to help
- information available