Library services are open
We look forward to seeing you. When you visit we ask you to:
- sanitise your hands
- choose to wear a mask
- respect the space of others
- Opening hours
Day Opening hours Monday 9.30am to 5.30pm Tuesday Closed Wednesday 9.30am to 5.30pm Thursday 9.30am to 5.30pm Friday 9.30am to 5.30pm Saturday 10am to 1pm Sunday Closed
Telephone 0300 555 8171 for Alcester Library information (depending on your call package, charges may apply). Lines are open:
- Monday to Thursday 9am to 5pm
- Friday 9am to 4.30pm
All County Council managed libraries are closed on bank holidays.
- What we offer
- books, talking books, large print - browse and borrow from our shelves.
- request books online and collect in the library.
- staff select - we can supply book(s) that you like to read.
- library account enquiries & general enquiries including joining.
- computers with printing – printing is A4 black & white and colour. Bookable in advance online, by phone or ask in the library.
- scanning - instructions are available but staff support is limited. Book the Scanner PC to use this service.
- photocopier – A3/A4 black and white
- self service machines to issue, return & renew
- Reading Well collection – mental health self-help books, eBooks and CDs
- Micro:bits for loan – start coding with tiny programmable computers. For over eight year olds.
- concessionary travel passes
- read and relax area
- limited study space
- public toilet
- meeting room
- member of Online Centres Network (OCN)
- Let’s Make technology space
- Children’s and young adult groups and activities
Events and activities for pre-school and school aged children. Book in advance at Eventbrite - places are limited.
- Lego Club – creative themed sessions for children to build and create with lego. Term time only
- Rhyme Time – songs and rhymes for 0 to 2-year-olds, and parents and carers
- Storystomp – fun session for 2 to 4-year-olds and their parents and carers to follow on from Rhyme Time.
- Other groups and activities
- Warwickshire Police public enquiry service
- Registration service
- Warwickshire Direct services
- Stratford District Council enquiries
You can talk to a customer service advisor in Stratford-upon-Avon District Council, using a Customer Access Terminal. Each terminal is equipped with scanners and webcams. The scanner allows you to easily show documents to an advisor and the webcams allow you to interact face to face for a more personal service.
- Safe Place
- Disability access
- accessible entrance
- public area on one level
- accessible toilet
- accessible parking
- access to low vision
- registered assistance dogs welcome
- facilities for visually impaired
- staff are trained to help
- information available
- Do it online
- Contact us