|Monday||09.30 – 17.30|
|Wednesday||09.30 – 17.30|
|Thursday||09.30 – 17.30|
|Friday||09.30 – 17.30|
|Saturday||10.00 – 16.00 (limited service 13.00-16.00)|
Library information for Alcester is also available by telephone – 0300 555 8171:
- Monday to Friday: 08.00 – 18.30
- Saturday: 09.00 – 13.00
What we offer
- books, talking books, large print
- Books on Prescription collection – mental health self-help books, eBooks and CDs
- Micro:bits for loan – start coding with tiny programmable computers. For over eight year olds.
- computers with printing and scanning – printing is A4 black & white, and colour.
- photocopier – A3/A4 black and white
- fax service
- read and relax area
- meeting room
- UK Online Centre
- public toilet
Other council services
Children’s and young adults groups and activities
- Chatterbooks – book talk, fun games and crafts for 8-11-year-olds. Every second Friday of the month, 16:00 – 17:00. Term time only.
- Rhyme Time – songs and rhymes for 0-2 year olds and parents and carers. Wednesdays, 10:30 – 11:00.
- Story Stomp – fun session for 2-4 year olds and their parents and carers to follow on from Rhyme Time. Fridays, 10:30 – 11:00.
- Lego Club – imaginative, creative Lego sessions for primary school aged children. Last Friday of the month, 16:00 – 17:00. Term time only. Drop in – no need to book.
Other groups and activities
- Silver Surfers – free computer and tablet help sessions for people aged 50 plus. Thursdays 10:00 – 12:00. Drop-in, no need to book.
- Crafternoon Tea. Fridays, 13:30 – 15:00.
- Alcester Library Reading Group. Every second Thursday of the month 14:00 – 16:00.
- Betty’s Board Games. Mondays, 10:00 – 12:00.
Warwickshire Police public enquiry service
Call into the library where staff can put you in touch with the police to:
- report a crime or anti-social behaviour,
- report lost or found property etc,
- access the police website using the free to use public computers.
Please visit www.warwickshire.police.uk or call 01926 415 000 for online and telephone services.
Stratford District Council services
You can talk one to a customer service advisor in Stratford-upon-Avon, using a Customer Access Terminal. Each terminal is equipped with scanners and webcams. The scanner allows you to easily show documents to an advisor and the webcams allow you to interact face to face for a more personal service.
- accessible entrance
- public area on one level
- accessible toilet
- accessible parking
- access to low vision
- registered assistance dogs welcome
- facilities for visually impaired
- staff are trained to help
- information available