Warwickshire Employment Support Team (WEST)
WEST is a county-wide service for people with a learning disability or who are on the Autistic Spectrum, who want to work and who meet the criteria for Fair Access to Care Services. We help them to find employment:
- In the public sector
- In the private sector
- Full-time or part-time
WEST is a specialist team who will enable people with a learning disability to access and sustain paid employment:
- Expertise on disability employment and benefit issues
- Personal profiling and job matching
- Ongoing support to employers and employees
WEST specialises in recruitment and provides a professional service to employers who offer employment or work experience to people with learning disabilities and who are on the Autistic Spectrum or Asperger’s Syndrome.
- Job profiling
- Selective recruitment
- Support with application forms
- Support at a job interview
- Provides an intensive induction package
- 1:1 job coaching
- Advocate for the customer with work related issues
- Provide information or training to employers about disability, equality and diversity
- Provide intervention and referral to other professionals, if required
- Regular and ongoing support and reviews of our customers
- Full review of the effects of employment on customers’ benefits
- Help with applications to the Benefits Agency
- Ongoing support with changes to benefits
- Support permitted work through DWP
- Initial referral to WEST
- Assessment and vocational profiling by an Employment Officer
- Agree a working contract between our service, customer and family/carer
- Allocation of a named, key worker
- Create opportunities for employment
- Work in partnership with employers, customers, parents and carers
- Customers must be aged 18 years or above.
- Customers must live in Warwickshire.
- Customers must have been assessed by a Social Worker and meet the eligibility criteria for Fair Access to Care Services (FACS).