Coronavirus (Covid-19)

If you've been identified as extremely vulnerable to Covid-19 by the NHS and need to self-isolate, call 0800 408 1447 for support.

Advice for everyone on coronavirus is available on our website or on 01926 410410.

Moving to adult social care

Some young people with SEND living in Warwickshire will need social care support as an adult.

  • age 16 – 17: if you don’t have a social worker, you can get an assessment from children’s social care
  • age 18 – 25: if you don’t have a social worker, you can get an assessment from adult social care

Some people that get adult social care services pay towards the cost of their support.

Moving from children’s to adult social care

We will refer you to a transition worker at age 16. Your transition worker will assess you to see what help you’ll need when you turn 18. They’ll make sure this help is in place. Your help will stay the same until the new support is in place. If you receive support from adult social care, by law, we can charge for this service. For more information please see the social care charges.

Your transition worker may work with you, or they may refer you to a specialist team, depending on your needs.

If you have an EHC plan, you’re more likely to need support when you turn 18. Your transition worker will work with children’s social care and education services to write your EHC plan. They will also go to your EHC plan reviews to check you’re still getting the right help.

More help and information