Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Generator

Help with money matters

  • We will support and fund you to apply for documents such as a passport, provisional licence and your National Insurance number before you turn 18, if you are eligible
  • We will help you open a bank account and support you to gain access to your junior ISA.
  • Support to set up home, helping you to purchase items to furnish your new home. This will include your first television license and home contents insurance.
  • Care leavers who are 16 to 17 years of age and live in supported accommodation will be provided with a weekly allowance equivalent to benefits to support them to live independently.
  • We will provide you with a financial gift on your birthday and provide a Christmas or festival allowance.
  • We will advise you on what support is available in an emergency situation.
  • We will work with Jobcentre Plus and benefits agencies, if you agree, to resolve any issues for you and ask that they contact your personal advisor before any action is put in place.
  • You will have a personal advisor who has knowledge of benefits and the claims process.
  • We will provide financial education and any debt management support that you may need.
  • We will provide on-going support to care leavers under the age of 21, by reducing the financial burden of council tax liability during their initial years of independence (PDF,185 KB).
Update cookies preferences