Concessionary bus passes are available for older people who have reached State Pension age and can be used for free off-peak bus travel in England. You can check if you are eligible at GOV.UK state pension age checker.
To request a bus pass you must live in Warwickshire.
You will need to provide documents proving your date of birth and your address when applying. You must apply using your home address - we cannot accept a postal-only or business address.
Date of birth
- passport (valid or expired) provided it is in the same name
- driving licence (provided DoB is clearly shown)
- birth Certificate in current name
- birth Certificate plus proof of name change
- non-UK National Identity Card
- marriage/Civil Partnership Certificate
- NHS Medical Card, letter or prescription
Ideally this should be your Council Tax bill for the current tax year.
If you are not named on the Council Tax bill, then send a copy of one of the following, dated within the last 12 months;
- utility bill in your name (gas, electricity, water)
- personal landline telephone bill
- letter from a government department e.g. benefits letter or NHS letter
- Council or housing association receipt for rent or tenancy agreement
Please note that we cannot accept bank statements or driving licence as address evidence, because this does not prove a residential address.
The earliest you can apply for a bus pass is two weeks before you become eligible. You can apply online, in person or by post. If you are eligible you should receive your bus pass within two weeks of making your application. If your bus pass does not arrive, then you must notify us and request a replacement within four weeks of your request. Otherwise, you will be charged for a replacement.
You can apply online using a computer, tablet, or smartphone.
You will need:
- evidence of your date of birth
- recent evidence of your address
- either a webcam or built-in camera to take your photo or a passport style photo which you can upload
Apply in person
Libraries are reopening in stages and you may be able to make an appointment by calling 01926 359180. Please check concessionary travel locations to see if your library is offering this service.
Apply by post
Download our Application for concessionary travel pass – older person’s pass (PDF, 62 KB) and return it to us by post. You will need to send us photocopies of your evidence as well as a passport photo.