- Service area
- Public transport
- Concessionary travel
- Publication detail
The England National Concessionary Travel Scheme (ENCTS) is operated by Warwickshire County Council on behalf of the government.
Concessionary Travel is a statutory duty for Warwickshire County Council. The Council has been responsible for the management and administration of free off-peak local bus travel to the eligible residents of Warwickshire since April 2011.
In addition to the Member-approved policy, there are a number of operational business rules which we follow. These are summarised in ENCTS in Warwickshire – Policy Summary (PDF, 72 KB).
Eligibility is set by central government and is either based on your age or qualifying disability.
- Older Person’s Pass – eligibility dates (PDF, 73 KB)
- Guidance to local authorities on assessing eligibility of disabled people in England for concessionary bus travel (PDF, 316 KB)
- Guidance on assessing the eligibility of Service Personnel and Veterans for the England National Concessionary Travel Scheme (PDF, 628 KB)
For information about eligibility on the grounds of a disability, please visit Free bus travel for disabled people
The concessionary travel scheme: valid until 31 March 2023
The scheme operates the Statutory minimum, on behalf of central government, and provides free off-peak bus travel for all ENCTS passholders from 9.30am until 11pm on weekdays and all day on weekends and bank holidays.
It also provides the following discretionary enhancements for Warwickshire passholders, for
journeys starting within Warwickshire.;
- free bus travel from 9.00am on weekdays
- free bus travel until midnight on weekdays
Reimbursement of bus operators
- You may also be interested in
- Contact us