Blue badges – disabled parking

1. Apply or renew


We recommend that you read the guidance notes before applying for a blue badge.

We’re working to make it easier for you to apply for a Blue Badge. During this time, we may not be able to let you know straight away if you are eligible for a Blue Badge.

We will contact you if we need more information so please make sure your telephone and email details are correct.

Blue badges are usually issued for three years. We will contact you approximately one month before your badge is about to expire to remind you to re-apply for a new one.

Misuse of a blue badge is a serious offence. Your badge can be withdrawn if you misuse it or allow others to misuse it.

The blue badge scheme: rights and responsibilities in England


Organisations that both care for and transport disabled people who meet the eligibility criteria for a Blue Badge in their own right may apply for an organisational Blue Badge.

This badge may be used by the organisation when transporting disabled people who would be eligible for a Blue Badge in their own right. The badge is not allowed to be used at other times.

The parking concessions available for users of organisational Blue Badges are the same as those for Blue Badges issued to individuals.

It is unlikely that taxi or private hire operators and community transport operators would be eligible for an organisational Blue Badge. Such operators are, of course, able to use an individual’s Blue Badge when carrying that person as a passenger.


The blue badge scheme is a European scheme which gives parking concessions in the UK and Europe to people with severe mobility problems. It allows badge holders to park closer than other members of the public to their destinations.

The blue badge scheme administered in accordance with guidelines and regulations provided by the department for transport.

Department for Transport rights and responsibilities of badge holders.

If you are dissatisfied with the decision that you are not eligible for a blue badge, you should write to the team manager at the address on the letter informing you of the decision, stating clearly why you think the decision was the wrong one.

Lost or stolen badges

You should report the matter to the police; blue badges are valuable in the wrong hands. If the badge was issued by Warwickshire County Council, contact the customer service centre on 01926 410410 and tell them as soon as possible.

You may request a replacement badge under these circumstances. You will be asked to fill in a replacement form. You will be asked to pay an administrative fee of £10.00 to cover the issue of the badge, unless you have a crime reference number.

If you have been given a replacement badge and the lost or stolen badge is then found or recovered, do not use it, it must be returned to the customer service centre.

Blue badges – disabled parking was last updated on November 9, 2018.