How to apply
As well as evidence of your disability, you need to provide evidence of your date of birth and your address.
Date of birth - you will need to provide ONE of the following as evidence:
- driving licence
- EU national identity card
- optical or medical prescription
- birth certificate in current name
- birth certificate in previous name, plus proof of name change, such as marriage certificate
Address - you will need to provide ONE of the following as evidence:
- Council Tax bill (current tax year)
- gas or electricity bill (less than three months old)
- landline telephone bill (less than three months old)
- water bill (less than three months old)
- official receipt for rent, or tenancy agreement (less than three months old)
- NHS medical card
If you can't provide these documents please contact us for advice.
You can apply online using a computer, tablet or smartphone.
You will need:
- evidence of your date of birth
- recent evidence of your address
- evidence of your qualifying disability
- a webcam or built-in camera to take your photo or a passport-style photo which you can upload.
Please note that you will currently need to upload your evidence as a PDF file. You can either use a scanner or use an app on a smartphone or tablet which will create a PDF file using your camera.
If you can't finish your application in one go, then you can log back in to finish it later.
Apply in person
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, you can't apply for or request a bus pass from a library or council office at the moment. Please contact us by telephone or email instead, and use our online services if you are able to.
Apply by post
Download our Application for concessionary travel pass – disabled person’s pass (PDF, 744 KB) and return it to us by post.
You will need to send us photocopies of your evidence as well as a passport photo.